Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

YaoSong
YaoSong Posts: 37 Forumite
edited 20 January 2016 at 9:36AM in Mobiles
Hi everyone,

With the number of Vodafone topics and posts within specific threads (Vodafone complaints) we are providing the standard process for submitting feedback, questions, and complaints to the Vodafone WRT (Web Forum Team). After that there are some additional routes you can take to escalate and progress your case. We do not guarantee you will get your required outcome but from experience the below advice has been very productive for many users and Vodafone customers on this forum.

- To submit a question or complaint please use the 'Contact Us' form - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm

- To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

- As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. You can post it on the forum and someone such as Lee (Vodafone) will check it has been received. It can take at least 2 - 5 days for a response from Vodafone.

Escalation

Alternative options to this are using the experience and knowledge of those on the forum, but more often than not the above WRT process will be the most appropriate and constructive approach. However, there are some methods which can be employed for escalation if you have tried the above and feel your engagement is reaching a deadlock scenario:

1. Contacting Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
Register your complaint with Ofcom so as a regulator they can record complaints against Vodafone (and others). This will also provide you with a reference to let Vodafone know you have informed them.

2. Contacting the Ombudsman - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/what-are-you-complaining-about-os.html
This is an arbitration service for handling disputes and they will investigate your complaint with the objective of reaching an amicable resolution between you and Vodafone.

As a rule of thumb and for most cases, these will only be available to those who have been in contact with Vodafone for approximately 8 weeks although if you are getting no response to constructive communication and/or conversations have reached deadlock you can start these proceedings early.

The importance of EVIDENCE

• Log every conversation you have with summaries, names of the agents, and dates and times
  • Record your conversations where possible
    • The resolver app can do this, but other smartphone apps can also be utilised
    • If you decide to record the conversation you must notify the agent at the start of the call
  • Request a summarising email from the agent at the end of your call
  • It may be difficult, but try to remain calm and clear, i.e. firm, about the scenario. The agent is human and deals with many unhappy users so putting their back up will not help your case
  • Agree at least one action at the end of the call. This can be the summarising email, a response within an agreed period. This will provide timescales and constructive progress for your case.

If you reach escalation with one of the telecom monitoring bodies then all the above evidence and logs will not only save you time, but avoid any doubt or missed key events during your engagement with Vodafone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yao

Comments

• YaoSong
    YaoSong Posts: 37 Forumite
    This will become sticky.

Additionally, please ensure you have read through this thoroughly before posting any issues on this forum.

Any constructive contributions or comments on the above are welcome.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Fantastic!

Reporting a complaint to Ofcom is not a investigatory process, however it officially records complaints against telcos for wide abuse on issues for further action, and a Ofcom recorded complaint reference number does help consumers when quoted in the email subject line or letter to a telco as they know they are now under regulator recorded complaint.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • Thanks for this new thread. I'm still awaiting any response at all for my issue. I have logged all of my 21 calls and in-store visits. Sent two complaints and one deadlock request registered post the first being on the 10th Dec, and I've also registered and posted my WRT code on the other thread and still nothing. The silence is deafening! The only thing I haven't done throughout all this is record any conversations, but they must have records of some of the 21 calls?!

Surely this can't continue? I can no longer pronounce the word 'unbelievable' any more due to the abuse of the word over these last 6 weeks. Do you think I can claim compensation for Vodafone ruining my vocabulary? :)
  • Just to update to say that Lee from Vodafone's WRT contacted me today regarding my recent problems and 'WRT135 request for help. During the last 6 weeks, he is the only person from Vodafone who has contacted me despite many, many promises made. We have reached an agreement that enables us to walk away from Vodafone which are my wishes, and without disclosing what was a confidential phone call, I will say that I am happy with the outcome, though sad it had to come to this and took so long and contained so much stress to get a resolution.

It's worth mentioning that Lee was very honest during the call, and accepted my complaints, This guy appears to be a valuable addition to these forums, and I suppose it shows that Vodafone appear to be starting to address their many issues, though they have a long way to go. It was all a bit too late to save my custom, but I really recommend the 'WRT135' process highlighted above. Their CS needs serious attention, but I think Lee is well aware of that.
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    nomywell wrote: »
    Just to update to say that Lee from Vodafone's WRT contacted me today regarding my recent problems and 'WRT135 request for help. During the last 6 weeks, he is the only person from Vodafone who has contacted me despite many, many promises made. We have reached an agreement that enables us to walk away from Vodafone which are my wishes, and without disclosing what was a confidential phone call, I will say that I am happy with the outcome, though sad it had to come to this and took so long and contained so much stress to get a resolution.

It's worth mentioning that Lee was very honest during the call, and accepted my complaints, This guy appears to be a valuable addition to these forums, and I suppose it shows that Vodafone appear to be starting to address their many issues, though they have a long way to go. It was all a bit too late to save my custom, but I really recommend the 'WRT135' process highlighted above. Their CS needs serious attention, but I think Lee is well aware of that.

EE will go the way of BT, o2 did and 3 have always been...offshore, Voda could do itself proud and Britain and have Vodafone direct UK staff in a call centre not third party companies who pay peanuts to monkeys and bank more as profit. Vodafone wanted its Banbury call centre closed as long term call centre staff were highly paid, well the slate is clean time to offer what no one else will, UK direct staff on the phone, the way things are it does not have much option and well it is easily turned into a public relations 'Vodafone, the only UK network with its own customer service staff in the UK, Power To YOU'
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • A_Flock_Of_Sheep
    A_Flock_Of_Sheep Posts: 5,332
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    edited 17 January 2016 at 1:03AM
    People pay this outfit money and have to jump through all sorts of hoops detailed here to get issues sorted. It is laughable beyond belief.

One thing I noticed about Vodafone is if you stop paying they seem to find a way of contacting you then.

Maybe the official representative here can explain that phenomenon? Why is it if you stop paying Vodafone seem very able to call you and write you a letter. If it is a service issue letters go ignored (as mine did) and promises of call backs come to no fruition? I am sure we all look forward to your response.....
  • A_Flock_Of_Sheep
    A_Flock_Of_Sheep Posts: 5,332
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    edited 17 January 2016 at 1:12AM
    nomywell wrote: »
    Thanks for this new thread. I'm still awaiting any response at all for my issue. I have logged all of my 21 calls and in-store visits. Sent two complaints and one deadlock request registered post the first being on the 10th Dec, and I've also registered and posted my WRT code on the other thread and still nothing. The silence is deafening! The only thing I haven't done throughout all this is record any conversations, but they must have records of some of the 21 calls?!

Surely this can't continue? I can no longer pronounce the word 'unbelievable' any more due to the abuse of the word over these last 6 weeks. Do you think I can claim compensation for Vodafone ruining my vocabulary? :)

How much are Vodafone compensating you for in terms of all the time and visits you have spent? Basically the life (which is precious) you have wasted on attempting to deal with this issue?

I think £25 per action is a fair price to demand - in fact sue from them if necessary. More people need to start sueing this firm for the life they waste on dealing with them.

I used to use the official Vodafone forum and there was a thread about 2 years old about people porting numbers called "porting nightmare". I remember one entry there of a person on a 12 month SIM only "deal" actually just giving up and going elsewhere but paying for the Vodafone SIM which they had binned simply because it became an easier option than trying to sort it out.

Another thing people could do is buy 1 share in Vodafone plc which give rights to access the shareholder AGM and they actually have a customer service area set up there according to the shareholder info on their website. It will also give an opportiunity to tell them how carp they are to their faces. All for approx £2.16 plus a dealing fee of £12
  • Hi having a real issue with an account i cancelled aug 2015. cancelled dd early my bad. could no longer get through on the phone so posted a cheque which was duly cashed. now no record of cheque so debt collecters have become involved. cant seem to get this resolved as no one seems to have power/responsibility to do this.
    help!
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi having a real issue with an account i cancelled aug 2015. cancelled dd early my bad. could no longer get through on the phone so posted a cheque which was duly cashed. now no record of cheque so debt collecters have become involved. cant seem to get this resolved as no one seems to have power/responsibility to do this.
    help!

Send proof of cheque payment to credit file company. Easy way.
  • so send proof of the cheque to the debt recovery services? Also am now being refused credit so can only assume they have put mark down against my name on credit report. Cant seem to contact anyone form vodaphone. will try your method though. thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure