Raisin.co.uk are a disgrace

Options

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    edited 6 July 2018 at 7:57PM
    Options
    OceanSound wrote: »
    It took me less than 2 minutes to find the MSE article....You are welcome. ;)
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest/#qa

Note that it has an asterisk next to the GateHouse Bank link.

That isn't a recommendation: it is a statement of fact.
    We can split hairs about the linguistics till the cows come home. :)

It isn't a semantic argument (I assume that is what you meant, rather than, "linguistic"). MSE stated facts, they did not promote, recommend, or encourage.
    Anyway, tell what you said to this chap:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5848597&page=2#33
    who said to me:

Re.:

See post #11 re. customer support above.

I am that "chap"! The two are not the same. MSE has promoted Chip. Here is a link to the page where they offered their tie-in which got you a higher interest rate: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/digital-banking/#savings. Also, for your benefit, here's the actual text from the offer:
    Normally the Chip app's* savings interest starts at 0%, yet use our MSE3 code (4,000 available, new customers only) and you start on 3% AER for a year.

That is a promotion, which implies recommendation. This is not the same as telling people about the offer from Raisin.
  • rkelly
    rkelly Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just catching up on the replies....

1) For those that say... "oh wait 60 days".... are missing the point.
    The point being, they promise to reply with 48 hours....
    A clear fact here is that there is no response from them even 30 days later...

2) If they cannot be bothered to respond to basic emails like this, then they deserve to be named and shamed.

3) Doesn't anyone here have any doubts that if they can't be bothered to respond to emails, then there is a good chance they will mug you off with the £50 bonus?

4) I posted to make this all public, because the more people that are aware of this, the more chance this thread gets back to Raisin and they pull their finger out and get their customer service in order.

5) Imagine you have a more serious query that needed answering, email sent, same BS autoresponse promising 48 hour response, then nothing.

6) Yes Moneysavingexpert have mentioned them, therefore it is a recommendation. If that bonus isn't paid, then MSE need to take a good look at themselves and how they push merchants/services. Before promoting a bank/financial service, MSE should do some background checking, the fact that Raisin have ZERO customer service should have been reason enough to not make it onto the forum.

7) Someone get a Raisin muppet/representative to come on here and answer my questions. I want answers, not wishful thinking.

Harsh words, but no customer response from a company involved in financial services is a massive red flag...
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    rkelly wrote: »
    a Raisen muppet

You've either got anger issues or a dried fruit / puppet fetish.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 July 2018 at 8:31AM
    Options

the fact that Raisin have ZERO customer service should have been reason enough to not make it onto the forum.
    Your statement in bold is verifiably false. Others have posted elsewhere that they've received a response within 48 hours. You are the only person complaining that you have not received a response. If your conduct here is anything to go by, there might be good reason for Raisin not to respond to your message. What did your message say?

The notion that the forum should be banned from mentioning this product because one person sent a message and didn't get a response is absurd. Surely you can see that.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 July 2018 at 8:46AM
    Options
    3) Doesn't anyone here have any doubts that if they can't be bothered to respond to emails, then there is a good chance they will mug you off with the £50 bonus?

No. The conditions have been met. The payment period is only just half-completed. Raisin's website update (which you reject as being 'amateur hour'!!) states payment will be made soon. There is no evidence that there is anything to worry about at all. Only you call the bonus a 'so-called bonus' and 'a scam'. And you have zero evidence for this.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2018 at 10:06AM
    Options
    Just catching up on the replies....

1) For those that say... "oh wait 60 days".... are missing the point.

No, I don't think that the point has been missed at all. Zanderman, for one, has agreed that it is poor that they haven't given you a personalised reply, given that their automatic response promises one, but the fact is that you don't need a personalised response because the automatic response acknowledges the transaction. The issue is Raisin's failure to better word their automatic replies.

2) If they cannot be bothered to respond to basic emails like this, then they deserve to be named and shamed.

You've had a basic response to your basic e-mail: it was the auto reply.

I have no particular reason to believe that they have given any cause for concern about paying the bonus. You are conflating two separate issues.

4) I posted to make this all public, because the more people that are aware of this, the more chance this thread gets back to Raisin and they pull their finger out and get their customer service in order.

Good luck with that.
    5) Imagine you have a more serious query that needed answering, email sent, same BS autoresponse promising 48 hour response, then nothing.

I suspect that you would get a response, because the automated reply doesn't answer your question, whereas acknowledging receipt of an e-mail that provides information only - rather than asks a question - does achieve the objective.
    6) Yes Moneysavingexpert have mentioned them, therefore it is a recommendation.

No they haven't! This has been very clearly explained. If you want to carry on erroneously believing otherwise then that is your problem.
    If that bonus isn't paid, then MSE need to take a good look at themselves and how they push merchants/services. Before promoting a bank/financial service, MSE should do some background checking, the fact that Raisin have ZERO customer service should have been reason enough to not make it onto the forum.

They didn't promote it, they passed on information.
    7) Someone get a Raisin muppet/representative to come on here and answer my questions. I want answers, not wishful thinking.

Your lack of respect and rudeness are hardly going to encourage anyone from Raisin to engage with you on this forum.
    Harsh words, but no customer response from a company involved in financial services is a massive red flag...

Whatever.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

6) Yes Moneysavingexpert have mentioned them, therefore it is a recommendation.

I mentioned Adolf Hitler once. Pretty sure I wasn't making a recommendation.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This Raisin account - is it savings or currant?
  • GPK10
    GPK10 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds like sour grapes to me
  • Vet
    Vet Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What a grape joke! but i'm raisin you this one ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure