Best cashback CC that isn't AMEX?

Hi, I am looking for the best CC I can get for when my AMEX is not accepted, (so either Visa or MC).

Please not Tandem. Tried them and was rejected even though my credit rating/score is absolutely pitch perfect. God knows what happened there but I see a lot of people having issues with their tandem card/account. So would like to avoid that one.

Comments

• You don't have a credit score or rating - no ones does,

The numbers given by the CRA's are pulled our of a Unicorn's behind.

I have a Tandem card and have no issues with it or them.
  • Not a CC, but Curve card is free and according to their twitter and facebook feed will support Amex this month. So your Amex would become a Mastercard and accepted everywhere Mastercard is.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    john lewis card but you get cashback.in points not cash
  • jim1999
    jim1999 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Aqua offers 0.5% and free spending abroad as well.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I saw Aqua. It's fairly decent (abroad spending in particular). But the 100 pound cap and annual payout of the cashback seems a bit mad. Still. worth considering. :money:
  • System
    2ilent8cho wrote: »
    Not a CC, but Curve card is free and according to their twitter and facebook feed will support Amex this month. So your Amex would become a Mastercard and accepted everywhere Mastercard is.

This is very interesting. Can you tell me more or at least point me in the right direction. Sounds great.
  • System
    !!! wrote: »
    You don't have a credit score or rating - no ones does,

Cool, so those with several defaults and bankruptcies should have no problem getting the latest Platinum Amex??

I know it's literally everyone favourite thing to say on this forum. "You don't have a credit score"..But score/rating/history. It's all terminology for the same thing. You have a credit "PAST" shall we call it? same thing, different word.
  • RBS/NatWest Rewards MasterCard. Best coupled with a Rewards current account (with cashback on household bills and no card fee).
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards and Budgeting & Bank Accounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • beany_bot wrote: »
    This is very interesting. Can you tell me more or at least point me in the right direction. Sounds great.

https://www.curve.app

and their twitter feed, where you can see they say Amex support coming very soon.

https://twitter.com/imaginecurve?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
  • beany_bot wrote: »
    Cool, so those with several defaults and bankruptcies should have no problem getting the latest Platinum Amex??

I know it's literally everyone favourite thing to say on this forum. "You don't have a credit score"..But score/rating/history. It's all terminology for the same thing. You have a credit "PAST" shall we call it? same thing, different word.

Correct - you have credit history.

Ignore the scores/ratings provided by the CRA’s.

Lenders use their own methods to judge your credit worthiness based on the history only.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure