Help! Bad experience with Virgin Atlantic Mastercard

Options
2»

Comments

• newuser86
    Options
    Ok, let us know how you get on. According to headforpoints unless you were specifically emailed from virgin you won't be applicable. The bonus points come from virgin Atlantic, whereas the card from virgin money.
  • timrowlands
    Options
    And the bonus points are paid a month in arrears, so you won't see them on your first statement.
  • TimCypher
    Options
    newuser86 wrote: »
    Ok, let us know how you get on. According to headforpoints unless you were specifically emailed from virgin you won't be applicable. The bonus points come from virgin Atlantic, whereas the card from virgin money.

A member of Virgin's customer relations team gave me a call today.

He told me that they were still investigating my complaint and had some questions for me, which I answered. He reiterated what you say, newuser86, that this was an 'invite-ony' offer - maybe that's how it started out - but the fact remains that it was being advertised on Facebook, which is how I became aware of it He said he'd look into how that was possible.

He also told me that he had managed to track down a recording of the second phone call I made and agreed that I had been told unambiguously by the agent I spoke to that, if I spent £1000 or more in the first month, I would get a 6,000 mile bonus.

He's still trying to track down the recording of the first call and said he hoped to get back to me by Friday.

So, some positive movement...it did feel like they are starting to accept that what I have said is the truth.

Fingers crossed...

Regards,

Tim
  • TimCypher
    Options
    They called back again today with an update.

It was a good outcome - they have upheld my complaint and have agreed that I should qualify for the bonus miles.

All's well that end's well! :o)

Regards,

Tim
  • newuser86
    Options
    Was this heavily reliant upon the phone call conversation? Good news you got the miles.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure