Heat Logs

Options
2»

Comments

• savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have bene using verdologs for 2 years now I find them the best yet. I tried one Aldi use to sell and some other made from aspen wood, and Verdo ones leave the least ash and give off more heat. I buy a pallet load in Summer when they a little cheaper around £20 less and store them in my garage. A full pallet lasts over Mid Autumn to later winter and more. One packets of six I can get a night use out of but if I have it on most of teh day I need two packs. I use to get them in Home bargains but dont seem to stock them now maybe its to do with recent issue Verdo had
  • Andrea15
    Andrea15 Posts: 266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 31 January 2018 at 10:30PM
    Options
    Has anyone tried the new "Flamers Wood Log (6 Pack)" from Home Bargains? Still no trace of the Verdo ones, so we need to find an alternative.
    Also, I didn't know about the LIDL option. Will look at that too (but I cannot find it :( )

UPDATE:
    Not available at my lidl :(
  • michaelgordon
    Options
    i think the lidl fuel express are the same as what Tesco are selling only re branded as they used to sell the fuel express and they look the same.

Not tried the Flamers but im running low on fuel, have burnt so much more this year than last so need a few packs. Might give them a try.
  • Skulls
    Skulls Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've tried the Flammers this week. They burn well BUT, leave a LOT of ash behind. I've been burning the Lidl heatlogs since November and only had to empty fire twice. After burning Blazzers for 2 nights the fire needs emptying.
  • Simole
    Options
    Yeah. Just tried them. Horrible things. Some sticky resin or sap started running down the stove pipe. First time I’d used them and first time this had happened. Don’t bother with them.
  • Simole
    Options
    Simole wrote: »
    Yeah. Just tried them. Must need more air than normal wood as they produced creosote.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure