Things can only get better

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Such good news SA XXX bloody well done :)

Sending you hugs for the rest, well all of it really, what an up and down few days XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Congratulations :j:j:j.

Sorry I wasn’t around to wish you good luck, but you obviously didn’t need it anyway :beer:. Hope it’s sinking in now and you enjoyed your glasses of wine to celebrate.

Sorry to hear of more toilet accidents and your poor colleague though Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • aandrea
    aandrea Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Congratulations on your new job. New you could do it. Boo to dd.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Nearly Friday :)

Thank you all for your good wishes xx

What a week it's been! I think I'll be starting my new job next month, not got a release date yet (sounds like I'm coming out of prison LOL). I already know a few people in my new office and they're really pleased I'm joining them. I've never been hugged so many times by so many people in one week!

Mr SA has been thinking about what to do with the extra money, bless him. I stressed yet again it's not that much more and I want to save the extra and have no plans to spend it.

Finally bought a curtain pole and voile panels for the dining room. Only noticed the other day the window was bare! £10 for the pole (Wilko) and £19.99 for the panels (Homesense) so quite good really. The rest of the furniture is being delivered next Thursday at long last, paid for it before we went on holiday.

Looking forward to the bank holiday weekend and promised good weather :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • WelshSaver
    WelshSaver Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Congratulations on your new job SA. You deserve it :beer:
    Make £10 a day challenge - January 2023 = £292.89/£310 - Feb 2023 = £677.09/280 - March 2023 = £102.45/£310 - April = £300.12/300 - May 2023 = £306.80/£310 - June = £245.88/£150 - July = £295.45/£310 - August 2023 £51.56/£310
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hope you've had a good day SA

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I'm being released from post two weeks today. I've had my letter confirming take up of duties on promotion. The team and I went out for a pre-leaving do lunch. I'll really miss them but we are only a building away and there'll be catch up drinks.

Really big step but then I'm only moving business stream not leaving the department.

It's Bank Holiday weekend :):)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy bank holiday weekend :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Rushing in breathless as late again as usual - but I'm so, so pleased to read that you've landed the job! :j. How great is that! It must have given you such a boost personally as well as the thought of the extra cash! Good too that you will still be working not too far from your current colleagues and can still go out with them.

I'm really pleased as well that Mr SA has been so positive about it and not started panicking that you will get promoted and leave him! Lovely of him to get you the prosecco.

Perhaps change your diary title to 'Things ARE getting better!:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts