Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Comments

• Hi AFK - just read my post back and didn't mean to imply that your diary was putting me to sleep! It was about 1am or something and I was enjoying it so didn't want to stop reading, lol.

I haven't worked out the exact numbers, but if I can pay about £900 extra a month (given current interest etc) then I'd be MF in about 10 years. If I could somehow find the maximum OP (currently £13400 per year) it'd be 8. Oh if only....

I'm going to go into my account again today to see the current balance (if it updates on more than a monthly basis). I tend to tidy my current account rather than my mortgage, but I love your new saying :)

Hoping to make another OP today if I have been paid from jobs 2 and 4 so fingers crossed.

Hope you've had a good day and look forward to reading more x
    Debt remaining: :(
    Mortgage - £117,759 (£134,600, Nov 2013)

Work overpayment and home improvement loan paid back (£19200) :beer:

• Brilliant :T

Thank you ELE - was made up in a split second :D
    How many 0's do you have at the end of your mortgage?
    I have 4 !!! and have just put another £100.00 into the o/p pot , which will make me with 5 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Wonder how long before I have 6 :eek: . . . . . . I reckon a while :rotfl:
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • Hi Giblet

Found your nice new shiney Diary :T. Your doing amazingly well, with o/p's . totally addictive isn't it?

Do take time for yourself, though, got to have some fun meantime, all in moderation. Going with your figures, you need to find around £200 a month, not to rush you or anything, but have you given thought to your next move, bank switch, eb@y, batch cooking or maybe something I have not yet, thought of. :)
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • Thank you ELE - was made up in a split second :D
    How many 0's do you have at the end of your mortgage?
    I have 4 !!! and have just put another £100.00 into the o/p pot , which will make me with 5 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Wonder how long before I have 6 :eek: . . . . . . I reckon a while :rotfl:

All 0s for my mortgage as of February this year, saving up for a move to the country, I could be here a while :D
  • Ooops, :o Well done:T, well you can always go the opposite way, when saving aim for a 0 at the end :D
  • Hi Giblet

Found your nice new shiney Diary :T. Your doing amazingly well, with o/p's . totally addictive isn't it?

Do take time for yourself, though, got to have some fun meantime, all in moderation. Going with your figures, you need to find around £200 a month, not to rush you or anything, but have you given thought to your next move, bank switch, eb@y, batch cooking or maybe something I have not yet, thought of. :)

Hi - I agree it's very addictive! Another £100 OP today from some unexpected pay; I do have a tendency to do too much at times, but have lots of lovely evenings with my DH and things should be much easier when I'm not commuting as much every day.

I haven't really 'knuckled down' or made any further plans atm. I think because I've been earning more, I've had a surplus to OP. We are going on holiday on Friday, and have decided that when we get back, we'll be extra focused (diet, money saving for OP's, house renovations) so although I've some ideas in mind to maximise OP's, I'll prob hold off any specific targets until I'm back :)

Hope you had a good day and thanks for all the support

Gib xx
    Debt remaining: :(
    Mortgage - £117,759 (£134,600, Nov 2013)

Work overpayment and home improvement loan paid back (£19200) :beer:

• Only tomorrow to go and then I'm off for 3 full days :j (even thought been asked to do a shift on Saturday) and lots to catch up on.
    • Need to find new deal for phone and internet as my sky deal is coming to an end.
    • Still mulling over whether to reduce term on mortgage, maybe better to find high interest saving account.
    • Make appointment for eye test, then spend a day choosing new frames x 2 :rotfl:
    • Take my complaint to stage 2
    • Go Shopping for a new jacket and birthday present & cards
    • STILL need to clean/clear out loft :o
    • Sort problem where another freezer is going
    Should keep me busy for a while
  • High interest savings account - what's one of them?
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 September 2016 at 11:16PM
    mrsp1987 wrote: »
    High interest savings account - what's one of them?

Something that actually pays a whole number percentage rather than a fraction of a whole number :rotfl:

edit - if you pay 35p off your mortgage what do you have ?? - Three 0's at the end of your mortgage :)
  • Something that actually pays a whole number percentage rather than a fraction of a whole number :rotfl:

Rare as rocking horse poop nowadays :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure