Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • marcarm
    • By marcarm 19th Jun 19, 7:42 PM
    • 1,117Posts
    • 1,423Thanks
    marcarm
    Help me decide on colours!!
    • 19th Jun 19, 7:42 PM
    Help me decide on colours!! 19th Jun 19 at 7:42 PM
    I have recently decorated, well I say that but i have just done the feature wall.

This is now dark grey, and I have added some mustard yellow highlights to the room, such as 2 lightshades, and 2 cushions.

In the middle of the feature wall, I will be getting some art as soon as I decide, but this will be a print containing mustard and grey as well.

My dilemma is, I have a double patio window to the left of the wall at a right angle. Currently here I have red curtains which matched the previous colour scheme, but they need to go.

I cannot decide whether to have dark grey blinds, a similar grey to the wall, or to go with mustard vertical blinds.

I am not planning on changing anything for a good few years yet. I have samples, the grey would be cheaper but I would be willing to pay a bit more to be 100% happy with them.

The other walls are magnolia, but in the near future when the kids are on holiday I will be painting them white, so white blinds are out of the question.

What would you do?

Page 2
    • marcarm
    • By marcarm 29th Jun 19, 3:17 PM
    • 1,117 Posts
    • 1,423 Thanks
    marcarm
    I'm guessing you didn't see the update before replying :lol:

OMG, is that pic massive for anyone else, as it is fine for me
    Last edited by marcarm; 29-06-2019 at 3:21 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

771Posts Today

7,050Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter Poll: Being honest, do you take into account the environment impact when you choose to book a flight?

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Do you need to show your boarding pass at the airport? And how to make 'em pay you for doing it... https://t.co/g5biFxotXF

• Follow Martin