PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    steak, didn't get it eaten last night either, jeez
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Not sure what today will bring - OH is having mexican rice and 'something' and I shall investigate the freezer / cupboard stocks to come up with something for me.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Beef burritos for us tonight.
  • Maisy_Moo
    Maisy_Moo Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    C_J wrote: »
    Do you mean the giant Jaffa Cake? It’s a shop bought sponge flan case (I suspect that HM would be much nicer, but I don’t have much spare time this w/e). I then dissolve an orange jelly pack in orange juice instead of water, and as it is cooling down I add a tin of drained mandarin orange segments. I have a round deep pie dish which is roughly the same circumference as the flan case, so I line this with cling film and pour the orange jelly and fruit into this to set. Then when it is chilled and set, I invert it into the flan case and peel off the cling film then top with melted chocolate which has had a tablespoon of cream mixed into it to soften it a bit.

If you pour the orange jelly straight onto the sponge base (even if it is half set) it just sinks straight in and makes everything soggy. I have found by trial and error it is best to set the orange layer in another dish altogether and add it separately.

Served with a dollop of cream, it’s really lovely.

thank you so much. I will certainly be making this. :)

dinner tonight is cold gammon (cooked and eaten hot yesterday with a baked potato and salad) with some h/m roasties which I partially cook and then freeze in batches. Would love some mash but I've batch cooked up the whole 12.5kg bag of spuds and OH doesn't like mash.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Prawn and lemon pasta here.

Kerrie - ouch’s to the LC shopping, maybe hubby should shop for his own dietary requirements for a week and see how much it is ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Last of the gammon sliced with poached eggs, oven chips and peas and there's rhubarb crumble for filling up any gaps after that.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Prawn and lemon pasta here.

Kerrie - ouch’s to the LC shopping, maybe hubby should shop for his own dietary requirements for a week and see how much it is ;)

I did think that, but it would prob end up costing us more :rotfl::eek:

Well I was going to roast a YS chicken I'd picked up on Sunday but upon opening it not only did it smell iffy, the wings and one end were going grey :eek: it is now residing in the food recycling bin. In hindsight I recall the pack leaving liquid on the counter when I paid for it (told the lady serving so she could wipe it up) so I'm guessing it wasn't fully sealed properly (not good then it was residing with other YS items). I know it was the second day last it's use by but it certainly shouldn't have been going grey imo. Anyway, customer services gave me the £ back in points so that's something, and perhaps if it wasn't sealed on Sunday I dodged a bullet there anyway.

So dinner for me was pasta with spinach from the freezer and some grated cheese, OH had his Mexican rice mix.

The cat has chicken I'd already roasted previously so she's happy too.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We had sausages, cheese and chive mash, fried onions, broccoli, green beans, carrots and gravy.
    I then had Christmas pudding and custard for afters.

Last night we had baby potatoes done in the actifry, spinach, feta, mushroom and tomato quiche, coleslaw and salad.
  • cybermum
    cybermum Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Last night was king prawns in a tomato sauce with linguine and some basil from the garden. I had cheese on toast because I wasn't hungry.
    DH is Italian and a chef so pasta seems to feature a lot for us and with 3 growing boys they wolf it down . Tonight is spaghetti ragu, we made a huge pan this morning and it is simmering away. We will have more than enough left over for a lasagne later this week too. Tons of fruit to get through so that is afters sorted with some ice cream .
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    King prawn chow mein for us tonight.
    Spend less now, work less later.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts