Income Protection entitlement

Halifax402
Halifax402 Posts: 12 Forumite
edited 28 March 2019 at 12:07PM in Redundancy & redundancy planning
Can I please get some advice as I am not sure if I am being mistreated by my employer and their income protection provider.

I have income protection as a benefit through my employer. I have never had to use it before but have been signed off from work by my GP with "work related stress" this is due to severe anxiety and stress, possibly brought on by how I was being managed and treated at work during a restructure. My statutory sick pay is about to stop and the insurer is rejecting my claim for income protection stating the reasons that I am off work are because of "work issues". They even went as far as to say the medication that I had been prescribed to help me sleep and to help reduce the anxiety has been prescribed for hey fever.

I have appealed the IP decision and asked my GP for a report as per the appeal process but I have become very anxious and stressed about this and don't have much confidence in this being manged reasonably as it doesn't appear to have been so far and was wondering what I can do if they reject my appeal.

Comments

• Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not sure this is really an employment question, probably one for the insurance boards.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure