BT price increases September 2018

Comments

• maginot
    maginot Posts: 484
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good point DoaM. They are starting the new contract now, but I was told that this £21.99 would include no increase next month.

May need to get this double confirmed before the 14 day cooling off period ends though.
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 902
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    [FONT=&quot]I pay B.T three accounts, at three different addresses and have received nothing about any of them so far.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have not phoned; as others have been told they cannot leave until they have received the email, so no point.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I am a bit worried though, as I recall during the last price increase some customers were adamant they had never been told, then when the price rise went through they were told they had missed the 30-day deadline to leave penalty free.[/FONT]
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Deadline for 30 day notice is 15th August 2018.
  • johnbhoy10
    johnbhoy10 Posts: 452 Forumite
    so have they dropped from £23.99 to £21.99 for fibre, line and weekend calls??.....it's no biggy as i'm happy with £23.99 with no increase as per telecon but just curious really. Told me they couldn't budge from £23.99...i also asked about the cost of weekend calls and guy said with fibre and line it is free. Certainly no sign of it on the breakdown of my order!!
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,698
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    BT are now doing BT sport for 18 months on a new contract, so if you are renegotiating and want sport, now's the time to ask, see if you can get it included for £23.99/month.
  • StevieJ
    StevieJ Posts: 20,174
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    What is your email address you have on your BT account for receiving BT communications .

15th August is the deadline day re 30 days notice . So you have until then to get notification .

EMail has been sent you don't actually need to see it .
    Just phone BT and say Cancellations .

I thought it was 30 days from the original email to break the contract?
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • johnbhoy10
    johnbhoy10 Posts: 452 Forumite
    boatman wrote: »
    BT are now doing BT sport for 18 months on a new contract, so if you are renegotiating and want sport, now's the time to ask, see if you can get it included for £23.99/month.

i've got something called something called Max HD on the tv side of things and think Sport is included in that. It shows in the breakdown of that as free BT Sport, which of course it never is, but they reduced that from £21 to £15 for me. All discounts show 18 months for me apart from Privacy Caller Display which becomes chareable after 12 months.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Rejoined BT for broadband and phone when I moved six weeks ago. Currently paying £35.99 for 18 months.

Already received (and used) their £130 gift card incentive and have £85 from TopCashback sitting in my bank account. :beer:

Can I really dump BT only two months in to an eighteen month contract with no penalty for what are, in my case, some insignificant price changes?

Copy of email.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,698
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    StevieJ wrote: »
    I thought it was 30 days from the original email to break the contract?
    Yes it is.

The only thing you can say is that you were not informed and then its up to BT to prove it, keep at them to send the original email, if they can't, use the link on this page:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/complaints/queue_id/462

or get on to the executive office.

You
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Answer is you are not getting a price increase ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure