Unwanted deliveries from Amazon since December - please help!

123457»

Comments

• Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Both Mum and I put notes out asking for parcels to be left outside our front doors....we are in sheltered housing, delivery people would have to use the 'trade' button to get in the main door.

We started putting the notes out after Mum had a note shoved through the door stating the parcel was 'delivered to a neighbour'...no flat number was given, and it took a couple of days to trace the errant parcel to a flat on the second floor (we are both on the ground floor).
  • A quick update and thank you to everyone that offered advice. We have finally (finally!) resolved the issue. I received a call yesterday followed by an email, both extremely apologetic. It would seem that an admin error has been made somewhere that has resulted in my mum's address being appended to that of three different individuals, none of whom bizarrely reside in the UK. So we HAVE been receiving orders for someone else.

It's been an incredibly stressful time and I have to say there is something to be said for high street shopping.

So an apology and guarantee that all has been resolved. And the small mountain of goods that has piled up in the living room? We've been told to keep them. So it seems we could have given these away a long time ago.

So normality has returned. What a huge relief.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Pilliwinks wrote: »
    A quick update and thank you to everyone that offered advice. We have finally (finally!) resolved the issue. I received a call yesterday followed by an email, both extremely apologetic. It would seem that an admin error has been made somewhere that has resulted in my mum's address being appended to that of three different individuals, none of whom bizarrely reside in the UK. So we HAVE been receiving orders for someone else.

It's been an incredibly stressful time and I have to say there is something to be said for high street shopping.

So an apology and guarantee that all has been resolved. And the small mountain of goods that has piled up in the living room? We've been told to keep them. So it seems we could have given these away a long time ago.

So normality has returned. What a huge relief.

So i have to ask what will you do with them? You could put them all on eBay and make a good amount of money from them.
  • Pilliwinks
    Pilliwinks Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 17 August 2018 at 2:00PM
    takman wrote: »
    So i have to ask what will you do with them? You could put them all on eBay and make a good amount of money from them.

My mum lives at the other end of the UK in Glasgow. I have no car and in all my mum understandably wants is just to get rid of everything now, it's taking up a significant chunk of her living room in a very small flat. And quite frankly I've had enough of it, I just want to move on its been incredibly stressful. I don't really have any need of any of these items so will just be giving them away. To me its just (now 26) boxes of unwanted junk.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I don't really have any need of any of these items so will just be giving them away.

Does your Mum have a favourite charity who could make good use of them - they could sell them online or keep them for raffle prizes, etc.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,988 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    +1 for giving it all to a charity but make sure she keeps WRITTEN proof of being able to keep everything.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper

A good ending to the story.

And in another exciting development today a pig was seen flying over Amazons headquarters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure