20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,162 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news on things starting to take shape :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Today I was contacted by HR and my 4 day a week is now agreed ON A PERMANENT BASIS and I only have to go into the office 2 of those 4 days. SO HAPPY. :D

I don’t mind the decrease in income. I don’t mind that I won’t be able to do as much on the house or do it as quickly. Thanks to this community here I have acquired the skills in frugality I need to manage with less money.

Thanks to everyone for listening to my moaning and supporting me :T

Fantastic news DIA :j :D xx
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Thanks Purplemum and Beanie :)

Well today nothing on my list done as it was pouring down and the drudge work took ages.
    Instead I returned all the bits and pieces to BnQ that the rubbish electrician would not do. Thought I could keep for next electrician but I didn't. Can always get again. I don't want to store things.

I got a text from the lady decorator to see if she can come and see the room at short notice, so I said yes. She came. I really like her. I hope she gives me a fair quote. I'll know in the next few days.

I need to bite the bullet and get some window quotes. Scared as it is a big job, not so much the money just afraid in case it goes wrong and anxious about having a team of double glazing people in my home again treating me like an idiot...

Loving the 4 days this week. It means I only ever work today and tomorrow and then I have a break. Rinse and repeat :)

I hope your day went well reader :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Just catching up on your news , 4 day week fantastic. I love my 4 day week, even if it is for the benefit of the DGD . One day it will be for my benefit. My son has also applied to do a 9 day fortnight as he travels a distance to work and that has been approved .

Lady decorator , hope she turns up trumps with a good quote. You are so good with tradespeople now .
  • beanielou
    Glad that you liked the lady decorator & hope that you get a fair quote.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• doingitanyway
    Just catching up on your news , 4 day week fantastic. I love my 4 day week, even if it is for the benefit of the DGD . One day it will be for my benefit. My son has also applied to do a 9 day fortnight as he travels a distance to work and that has been approved .

Lady decorator , hope she turns up trumps with a good quote. You are so good with tradespeople now .
    Well done your son. I think more employers are open to flexible working these days. About time. Eventually I will be doing my own creative work on my 'free' day but for now just happy to use it to take the pace down a bit.
    beanielou wrote: »
    Glad that you liked the lady decorator & hope that you get a fair quote.
    Yes, fingers crossed for the day decorator :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    I bought some sale clothes today as the dress I bought was between sizes. I now realise now that I am debt free I can shop differently. Buying several items has pushed me over the barrier for free deliveries too.:money:

I can buy several sizes and see if they fit. I can try styles out. I can send back what doesn’t work. To do this I need money in my budget to allow me to maximise on bargains/sale items by buying several items and not worrying that doing so will push me into overdraft. Because I am home more I am likely to be in for deliveries too. I am thankful I can do shop this way now. I can also see why high streets are suffering. This way of shopping is way nicer...

Today I will be WFH :)

My frog today is to phone a company to get a window quote and decide whether to use the people I used before. In one way ‘better the devil you know’ but then again, why should I give my hard earned money to devils??

Wishing you all a good ending to your week

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Congratulations DIA on your four day week and finding a female decorator.

Things are sounding so positive for you now, onwards and upwards.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi DIA - I've been out of action for a few days and came back to see your lovely news! Well done on persevering on the 4-day working week. It'll be magnificent to have that extra day to just relax and have as your own.

You're doing so well with getting your house in order, even if it is going more slowly than you'd like. I hope the female decorator lives up to your needs and gives you a good quote for the works. Long may the positivity continue!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • beanielou
    Have you eaten your frog yet?:p
    I have done mine!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure