Helms / Shawbrook Finance

Hi, I am hoping someone could help me with my query?
Helms (glasgow) installed our Solar Panels via a loan from Shawbrook Finance. We were completely mis-sold these panels as we were told the money received every month from the panels would more than cover the monthly d/d from Shawbrook.
As you can guess, it no-where near covers the d/d and we are out money that we cannot afford every month. Helms is now in liquidation and we have no-where to go with this.
We cannot keep paying the d/d and wonder how we would go about trying to get this cancelled or a resolution, without using one of these no win no fee companies?
Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    See my response on the other thread.
  • sorry what thread, I cannot seem to find any? Thank you
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Have a look at this link. There are a number of references to HELMs in the follow on conversation:

https://conversation.which.co.uk/home-energy/solar-panel-companies-energy-saving-solarenergysavings/
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    karenr3243 wrote: »
    sorry what thread, I cannot seem to find any? Thank you

As a total guess, perhaps the one you first posted in, 1 minute before starting this thread?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70938654#post70938654

:cool:
  • karenr3243 wrote: »
    Hi, I am hoping someone could help me with my query?
    Helms (glasgow) installed our Solar Panels via a loan from Shawbrook Finance. We were completely mis-sold these panels as we were told the money received every month from the panels would more than cover the monthly d/d from Shawbrook.
    As you can guess, it no-where near covers the d/d and we are out money that we cannot afford every month. Helms is now in liquidation and we have no-where to go with this.
    We cannot keep paying the d/d and wonder how we would go about trying to get this cancelled or a resolution, without using one of these no win no fee companies?
    Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Hi Karen - did you get a resolution to your problem - i am in the same boat with the same companies and have a complaint with FOS,
  • Enitsuj71
    Enitsuj71 Posts: 10 Forumite
    15th May 18, 3:42 PM
    I have today received an email and Shawbrook bank have upheld my complaint regarding my Helms solar panels and with this offered 2 options. To remove the panels cancel the loan and put me back in the position i was in before along with 8% interest and £200 compensation. They will take off this any savings I have made... I don't know what this will equate to because i don't feel I have saved anything in fact I have been £65 a month worse off for the last 3 years to my reckoning. However just cancelling the loan is a massive plus to me.
    The 2nd option is to retain the system and and have an engineer look at the system to establish if performance can be improved and offer me redress based on this evaluation. I will be taking the 1st option!
    It is such a relief!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport