EX - Partner and PPI / Plevin

Hi,
I tried to claim PPI from the West Bromwich Building Society for a joint mortgage that i had with an ex partner. WBBS informed me that PPI had in fact been added to the mortgage but i couldn't claim without her signature. Despite reluctantly making contact with her after 14 years she will not sign. This was back in 2017 and with the deadline date looking I was thinking of getting a company to look into this for me in case of other loans i have forgotten. I have today found out about PLEVIN and wondered if this has now impacted anything before i make contact again with the WBBS, is it more likely to be processed without her signature?
Anyone know?
Cheers

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Mart_Rob wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting a company to look into this for me in case of other loans i have forgotten.

A company won't be able to get your ex to sign anything. And they'll only know about the loans you tell them about.

Any redress is going to need the two of you.
  • RonoB
    RonoB Posts: 42 Forumite
    I have heard of people winning and accepting half so you could go down that route.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    RonoB wrote: »
    I have heard of people winning and accepting half so you could go down that route.
    That is not a "route" available from all providers.

The OP of this thread was already informed this was not an option in 2017.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    RonoB wrote: »

It’s only a ‘route’ of lender offers it... which it is clear from OP’s post they do not
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure