Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ferox333
    • By Ferox333 15th Aug 19, 12:04 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Ferox333
    Original bank statement
    • 15th Aug 19, 12:04 PM
    Original bank statement 15th Aug 19 at 12:04 PM
    Hi

Tesco bank informed me that they could not pay my refund into my bank because the bank statement I sent them was printed off from my internet banking account. They asked me to get an original statement or get the printed copy stamped. Apparently HSBC wonít stamp statements so Iíve ordered duplicates from the bank.

My question is, will these duplicates be accepted as originals or will I have the same problem again not being accepted. Iím not sure of the differences between duplicates from the bank and statements printed from internet banking.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Bermonia
    • By Bermonia 16th Aug 19, 7:30 AM
    • 857 Posts
    • 772 Thanks
    Bermonia
    • 16th Aug 19, 7:30 AM
    • 16th Aug 19, 7:30 AM
    They will be fine... if Tesco doesn’t accept them advise that they are creating unreasonable barriers and submit a complaint on thy basis.
    • SonOf
    • By SonOf 16th Aug 19, 9:56 AM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 1,328 Thanks
    SonOf
    • 16th Aug 19, 9:56 AM
    • 16th Aug 19, 9:56 AM
    Tesco bank informed me that they could not pay my refund into my bank because the bank statement I sent them was printed off from my internet banking account. They asked me to get an original statement or get the printed copy stamped. Apparently HSBC won’t stamp statements so I’ve ordered duplicates from the bank.
    Most places will not accept screen prints. However, most banks allow you to download a proper statement in pdf form which you can then print. Do HSBC do that?
    • Ferox333
    • By Ferox333 16th Aug 19, 11:21 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ferox333
    • 16th Aug 19, 11:21 PM
    • 16th Aug 19, 11:21 PM
    Yes I downloaded and printed off a pdf but apparently that isnít good enough. I have requested a statement from my bank and will send that. Will see what happens next.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 17th Aug 19, 8:51 AM
    • 15,604 Posts
    • 18,791 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 17th Aug 19, 8:51 AM
    • 17th Aug 19, 8:51 AM
    A year or two ago it seemed as if I needed originals because the organisation I was dealing with said that ones printed at home were unacceptable.
    So I requested Barclays to print me a set.
    What arrived in the post was printouts on ordinary white copier paper rather than the blue headed paper that my Barclays Bank statements used to arrive on.
    Luckily they turned out not to be needed. But I hope HSBC load up the right paper for you..
    Please dont criticise my spelling. It's excellent. Its my typing that's bad.
    • Ferox333
    • By Ferox333 17th Aug 19, 1:10 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ferox333
    • 17th Aug 19, 1:10 PM
    • 17th Aug 19, 1:10 PM
    I got a letter from Tesco today saying that they would accept a council tax letter so Iíve sent that instead. It has both my and my partners name on the letter but Iím assuming that wouldnít matter.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,613Posts Today

5,348Users online

Martin's Twitter