LCWRA Backdated

Options

Comments

• Sheepski
    Sheepski Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I've also had no problems getting people's deductions reduced. Usually it's very easy to halve them, and only slightly more difficult to cut them by more. As long as you have some type of budget in front of you to show you can't afford to live on what they've given you then they're usually very supportive.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks gomer and sheepski - that's good to hear.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • gomer
    gomer Posts: 1,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    It's automatically paid and can take between 5-8 weeks. She's receive the extra £336 per month backdated to the 4th month after she sent in her first fit note.

I'm in the same situation as op. If you are put in the work related activity group (as i was) you don't actually get any extra money, it stays the same so there's nothing to backdate.

You only get the extra money if you are put in the support group. The only extra payment i got as an extra was an underpayment in rent paid back to me.

From what op is saying mum was put in the work related activity group, not the support group.
  • sportsarb
    sportsarb Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gomer wrote: »
    From what op is saying mum was put in the work related activity group, not the support group.

They specifically mentioned LCWRA which is the UC term for support group.

DWP appear to have offset arrears against an overpayment though, in certain circumstances they’re permitted to do this, and it might mean only some......or none of the arrears get paid. However, the OP will be paid off sooner.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    Options
    Martin_D2 wrote: »
    was put onto limited capability for work and work-related activity
    This is Support Group.
  • gomer
    edited 13 August 2019 at 8:41PM
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    This is Support Group.

Work related activity group is not support group. I am in limited capability for work and work-related activity. I don't get any extra money.

You either get put in imited capability for work and work-related activity OR support group. In support group you don't have any work related activity, so either the op has worded this wrongly or you are mistaking the two.
  • calcotti
    edited 13 August 2019 at 8:46PM
    Options
    I am in limited capability for work and work-related activity. I don't get any extra money.

You either get put in imited capability for work and work-related activity OR support group.

If you have been found to have Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity this is equivalent to the ESA Support Group and you should be getting extra money in your UC which will appear as the LCWRA element in the build up of your UC maximum entitlement.

The term Support Group is not used for UC, but is still used for new style ESA.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • gomer
    Options
    calcotti wrote: »
    If you have been found to have Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity this is equivalent to the ESA Support Group and you should be getting extra money in your UC which will appear as the LCWRA element in the build up of your UC maximum entitlement.

Trust me, i know what group i am in and what i get paid. I am not paid ESA or any equivalent. My UC remains the same. Like i said, this is either worded badly or one of us us mistaken.
  • gomer
    Options
    Limited capability for work AND limited capability for work-related activity? Is that what is meant?

It reads like op's mum has been put in imited capability for work and placed in the work-related activity group.
  • calcotti
    Options
    Trust me, i know what group i am in and what i get paid. I am not paid ESA or any equivalent. My UC remains the same.

If you have been found to have LCWRA and the element is not included in you UC entitlement calculation (if that is the benefit you are receiving) then you are not being correctly paid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure