pip on going award

Options
Hi,

My husband's pip is due for renewal in September, on the last award letter said he would be contacted September 2019, which is two months before his state pension age.

We were only talking about it this morning, going the doctors for a supporting letter and up to date medical information, wondering when the forms would arrive etc. We were dreading going through it all again.

This afternoon a dreaded brown envelope dropped through the letterbox stating that they have looked at his claim and has been given an on going award and they will contact him in 2029. Can't tell you the feeling of sheer relief we both felt.

So they are obviously looking through peoples awards and not just pensioners to see if they fit the criteria for an on going award. I really thought we would have to go through it all again in September then after that he might have got an on going award when he reached pension age.

Just have to wait now till November when his ESA stops and he gets his state pension, I think because I am younger than him, mixed age couple, I will have to claim UC for housing costs because housing benefit will end but I am still totally confused about all this. I know there are no more pension credits until we both reach state pension age, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it in November
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure