2019 Wedding

Comments

• Brilliant news apricity :)

Where are you all up to with your planning?

Our planning so far

Outfits -
    H2B'S trousers arrived today, he had a trying on session this evening. He now just needs to buy a new shirt and matching tie, pocket corner and cufflinks. He wants his best man to have the same waistcoat as him and my son to have something different.
    I just need to find shoes and something for my hair.
    We both want new undies too :rotfl:

Cake - Waiting for the school holidays to finish so that I can chat with the school cook about prices etc, we've already spoken to someone else so we have a price comparison and we have looked at M&S price of wedding cake too. I think cake is covered.

Registry Office - Booked, nothing to worry about at the moment, need to give notice but there's plenty of time to do it.

Reception Venue - The chap we need to speak with is currently on his honeymoon and not back at work until the beginning of September, which gives us a chance to get a list of questions together.

Rings -
    Me - refundable deposit paid to order one in for a better look.
    H2B - having a coin ring made, paid for the coin so far.

Photographer - Provisionally booked, need to pay a deposit and firm this up.

Colour scheme & theme - sorted a while a go, white and blue with rustic look.

Flowers - table arrangements and bridesmaids posies pretty much sorted, might need a little help with my bouquet.

I think that's it at the moment, I expect things will start gaining pace soon. I'd like to get the invitations sorted sooner rather than later.

Catch you all soon :)
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • Cookieie
    Cookieie Posts: 14 Forumite
    Hello everyone,

I'm a 2019 bride also!

Super excited & love planning & re-searching for the big day.
    If anyone has any helpful tips & advise, please feel free to share with me!
  • Hey Cookieie, welcome :)

Nothing to update today!
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • apricity
    apricity Posts: 198
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Hey cookieie ! When's your big day?

Where are you all up to with your planning?
    Theme : Star Wars
    Colours : Navy, White, Red
    Dress - This dress
    Shoes - These shoes
    * Ordered 10 plastic scoops for candy bar
    * Have 26 (?) plastic bowls for candy or table snacks etc
    * some small decorations & balloons

nothing booked. I'm currently looking at wedding invitations or ideas to create them myself.

Have loads to think about ;

- He'd like the ceremony on the friday & Reception on the Saturday due to difference in price
    Not sure what day to book photographer on since reception is just jeans & t-shirt
    - can't afford to pay for everyone to share a meal with us in a resturant or for drinks on the friday.
    I'm sure our family would understand that we're on a small budget and wouldn't mind paying for themselves
    - We're going to hire a mobile bar however guests will need to pay for own drinks as we're on a tight budget too but may be able to see if we can put £300 behind the bar to limit the expense?
    - Loads of cool star wars stuff I've seen for the wedding , can't think of what to do for center pieces ?
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • Hi

Your dress is pretty and those shoes look comfy apricity :)

I've been looking for B&Bs near the Rugby Club this evening, I've found 7 within reasonable walking distance, the rugby club has said that they are happy for cars to be left overnight.

Does anyone know what else I should add to an information sheet?

We've had the message that the ring is in store, ready for me to go and try at the weekend :j I hope I like it just as much as I do on the internet.

What wedding thing are you up to at the be moment?

Catch you all soon x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • Just wondering, would anyone like me to add a dates list to my beginning post, so we can see easily who is getting married when?
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • Hi All - another 2019 bride here! Our date is 29th June 2019.
    Feels a bit real now we've passed the "1 year to go" mark.

I'm on MSE because I am trying to pay off my debts AND save for my wedding at the same time.
    It's a struggle but if I stay focused I can start my married life debt free. I have the most wonderful H2B and cannot wait to be his wife. If money was not object, we'd be married already!

It'll be nice to share my journey with you all.
    Best wishes,
    SaF x
  • Cookieie
    Cookieie Posts: 14 Forumite
    Hi SavingAFuture!

I agree with you 100% about money being no object. Its the only reason we've gone for Oct 2019, so we can save! Its a shame everything costs so much, but thats the real world sometimes!

Good luck saving & paying off debits at the same time - if you have any advise for a future 2019 bride, please share!

x
  • H2B'S ring is here! It was much quicker than expected, and he's very pleased with it :) and under budget too!

We're going to look at mine tomorrow, fingers crossed I like it :o

I think we're going to send our invites in November (6 months before) but need to find out some info from the rugby club, I've got a list on the go and keep adding to it, I'll send an email to them at the end of August, the guy is on his honeymoon at the moment.

Not much else going on at the moment. Hope everyone is doing ok x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • apricity
    apricity Posts: 198
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    cookieie
    We've set a date for next year so we can save too.
    We were engaged In September of last year but I only started planning our wedding in april of this year.Not got too far with it I'm afraid.

Welcome , Saving a future! nice to have you on board and good luck with your wedding & everything else! Please share tips, I'd like to save up for more than just my wedding but can't afford it.

kdalwayskint,

What information do you have already?
    And I'm super pleased about your rings .
    I'd like to be added to the list...
    20th September 2019 for the wedding.
    It's not officially booked yet ,waiting for an answer as i emailed to ask if we can book it,
    I didn't realize they were shut on the weekends, I was so excited to book a date this morning !!
    and even my f.h was a little on board.

We'll be having a small meal somewhere and a few drinks after,
    as we'll have a reception party on the 21st September 2019.

For us it would have been a huge rush to get married in the morning then to rush across the city
    to set up for reception as we're doing our own food.Plus it's way cheaper for us to do it that way.

What should I do now
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure