PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Floss
Floss Posts: 8,231 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
edited 23 March 2023 at 10:53AM in Old style MoneySaving
This is a new thread to take over from this one: What is your charity shop bargain?

I will put a linky to this thread onto the old one :):j

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇

Comments

• Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,893 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Ooooh we have a new home.....waves to everyone :hello: and plumps cushions.....:p
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    a new thread hello xxx

i am housebound today but might have a look tomorrow and will enjoy sharing on the new thread xx
    onwards and upwards
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Found you!
    In a local children's charity shop, I spotted a pair of canvas trainers, with a Simpsons print, that fitted.
    Which turned out to be Converse All Stars.

Research shows them to be Converse Simpsons Chuck Taylor All Star Collection, coo! £2 for converse that sell at £40+?!

Son growled in anguish "you couldn't find Peppa Pig?" - well, no but now I'll start *looking*....
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Mir! wrote: »
    Ooooh we have a new home.....waves to everyone :hello: and plumps cushions.....:p
    Drinks tea and waits for everyone to share the love.

I have been theoretically banned by my family from charity shops. Which didn't stop me from popping into a new one today to donate items. And buy an oversize mug and a crystal corkscrew for 50p each. And another 3 books :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Irenadler
    Irenadler Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hello all,

I can't help chuckling VfM4meplse, I have trouble restraining myself from book buying, but just donated a load which I can honestly say I won't read again.

And then, saw a cookery book that sounded interesting and bought it! WWII recipes which look both cheap to make, and healthy. As I need to lose a bit of weight, I felt 'justified' buying it. : )
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • foxyloxy11
    foxyloxy11 Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    ooo a shiny new start to the thread :) think of all those bargains we all had to fill that one up so quickly.....when you actually think about it i wonder how much money we all saved collectively?!!
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    :) Ooo, this is nice and comfy (plumps self down on sofa, cushions scream in protest). A new thread, great.

I went to a chazzer after work with a donation bag (books) and happened to see two A4 hardcover A-Z books at 50p each and also got two packets of elastic for 20p. Bargains!

I mean, have you seen how much hardcover notebooks with the A-Z tabs cost these days? Thick end of a tenner, so I was pleased. The elastic will go into the waistband of a pair of chazzer jammies, which is getting a bit slack-alice.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    :wave: Nice shiny new home, just needs filling with [STRIKE]tat[/STRIKE] bargains! :rotfl:

Good and bad in Ormskirk today. Good was a pale blue Kipling shoulder bag with hand straps too, for £5.99. It had a bit of make-up marks inside the inner pocket but a quick soapy scrub sorted that out.

Also a lovely deep zipped shopper for £1.99, and lots of other odds 'n ends. Including (here's the bad)... a pretty necklace with a jade stone for 99p. I bought it for my sister to go with a dress she bought yesterday for a friend's daughter's wedding. However... having photographed it (using the side of a butcher's white chiller cabinet for background!) and WhatsApp'd it to her, she replied eventually that she is taking the dress back, and to add insult to injury I've gone and lost the necklace! That's the trouble when they don't give you a little paper bag now, I chucked it in my handbag and must have pulled it out with my phone or purse I suppose, anyway it's gone, and all I have left is the photo, which I think I will delete as it will annoy me! :rotfl:
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Electric ice cream maker (but not the sort you have to freeze the bowl first) Brand new still in box £5.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    What, the small freezer with a paddle? <Must.Not.Covet> or a thing to clobber the frozen stuff as you go?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure