A whole new world, for now

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just had a catch up. You are certainly a busy lady...
    January spends - £587.58
  • I know milann. I think it's a case of being careful what you wish for. This time last year I was just wishing for work. Now universe, I'm wishing for good, preferably well paid, work!
    Went to the client yesterday having been given access to the absent manager's emails. I have thought that one of the trustees has an issue with me and yesterday that was confirmed. After I presented a paper, that he apparently accepted, he then had an email conversation querying what I had said. Raging!
    On other matters, I have issued emails, etc. to trustees to advise of urgent matters they need to deal with. An emergency meeting is being held on Thursday evening which is good.

Yesterday there were spends. We needed baps to go with burgers for dh's dinner. I had a burger with Monday night left overs. I also bought chocolate goodies to go to overseas sis who I will be with in 2 weeks time. Also got some of the poisonous cherry Pepsi max on offer that DH loves.

Today I have an afternoon with a different lovely client. I got prep done last night and now want to make one tweak. They are 5 mins from home which is a bonus. I need to grab some goodies as listening to me for 3.5 hours requires assistance in the form of nice things along with grapes as a healthy option. Right, need to stop wittering and get moving.

Today I am grateful for
    Cooler weather that assist sleep
    Progress
    Finding a receipt needed for expenses
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Thank goodness for lovely clients.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sounds like a much better day....pleased to hear you have some nice clients.
    January spends - £587.58
  • The first of the Christmas food has been purchased. I stopped off to buy treats for yesterday afternoon's training session and included in a multi buy offer were the after 8s that DH requires for it to be Christmas. These have been bought and stashed! I also bought various bits and pieces that went towards using up freezer and store cupboard food to make last night's dinner with plenty to be portioned and frozen for future use. I also got the kitchen cleared of the various items used inc two pans before we sat down to eat. We had dessert as a last minute dash to the local co op provided a tray of profiteroles for 40p and 2 bread items for 10p each. One of these has been more or less consumed and the other is in the freezer.

Tonight we are dining out. We have a groupon due to expire shortly for a place we have both wanted to try. I'm doing a late meeting from 6 to 7.30 so we have booked for 7.45.

Right, need to get motoring as I will drop a portion of last night's food into my mother's on my way to work. Today I am grateful for

Worcester sauce
    Positive feedback
    The apple annual show that kept DH occupied while allowing me to play in the kitchen
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • You are sounding brighter.

Enjoy the meal out this evening :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Enjoy your meal tonight :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Enjoy your meal out x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Hope you enjoy your meal tonight. :eek::eek: to Christmas food!
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • I was such a muppet. I was at the client until 7.30 then had to go back after dinner as I had forgotten my phone.

Dinner was amazingly good especially given how little the voucher cost. I would go back there paying their menu prices and still think I got value for money.

I managed to make a hair appointment for half nine tomorrow as my roots are in a bad state. I was holding off until just pre holiday. I am needed at the client on Sunday. I am tired. Dinner tonight will be leftover from Wednesday and I need to start sourcing stuff to bring with me as gifts for family. I also need to get currency sorted in the next week. My house is grubby. I'm such a muppet that I used a long handled dustpan and brush for a quick sweep of the kitchen floor. I then forgot to empty the dustpan!

Today I am grateful for
    Having my clothes ironed and ready to wear.
    Having moved one matter forward
    Nice time with DH
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback