Sashybo - Back Again

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,501 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Day 9 of yoga completed, followed by a hot shower whilst DH put DS into bed. Thought I’d get both done whilst I had peace to do so. :)

My uniqlo order arrived today - there wasn’t much between the two sizes of the jegging/legging trousers but I decided to keep the bigger size as didn’t want the dreaded muffin top. :eek: They seem nice quality, comfy & most importantly have a high waist so no builder’s bum!!:o

I also got a long sleeved cotton top & it is lovely quality for £9.90, would definitely buy one of those again. Another item that sneaked into my basket was a white cotton blouse with pin tucking at the front. Have been looking for one for ages as a cover up for hot weather as I burn in seconds but could never see one I liked, so I just got it. :o Very impressed with all the items so far. :)

DS only woke up twice before we went to bed last night & not at all overnight for the first time in ages. :j:j He didn’t wake up until 8:30 this morning & it felt like a long lie for me.:D Fingers crossed he does the same tonight.

We bought a baby stair gate & it got delivered today, needed an extender for it as we live in a new build & everything is wider so standard baby gates are too small. Going to put it at the top of the stairs, we will need one at the bottom eventually but not yet as we have a door between the stairs & our downstairs areas.

Got £40 from 0nepoll today - forgot all about it so can use it towards my recent shopping sprees (anything not covered by Christmas money or present fund) and/or DH’s birthday next month. :T

Actually got a £5 PA survey today :j so will be able to cash out once that’s cleared.:T
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    DS still slept well but not as well as the night before. He woke around 6:30am as DH was getting ready for work so just took him into bed with me and he went back to sleep until 8:30. :j

Got my H&M order delivered today - very speedy, I'm impressed. :j Everything great except for the high waisted stretch trousers - I got into them and did them up, all great unless I ever wanted to sit down in them. :rotfl: So looks like I'm a 14 in H&M trousers not a 12. I actually think someone has told me before that you tend to need to go a size up in there as the trousers are generally smaller. Oh well, I'll return them to the shop next week as also have a few things to return to other places.

Completed day 10 of yoga, was thinking about skipping it but glad I didn't as enjoyed it once I got started.

Payday tomorrow. :j:j Our current account will look slightly less horrendous. :o

Might go into town with DS for a wander about tomorrow and possibly meet my mum.

Managed to cash out on PA today too. :)
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi sashy,

I’ve just come across your diary, so I’ve subscribed to it.
  • sashybo
    Hi chanie :hello:

Managed to get into town with DS yesterday & met my mum. I returned 2 of the bras I had bought previously as bought 3 more online & had them delivered to the shop & it still cost less than the other 2 bras I had bought. So now I have 3 black, 3 nude, 1 purple & 1 pink bra in a much better fitting size. This is including the two £2 bras so got 8 bras for under £50. :T Think I’ve bought enough now.:o

Had a lazy night, so no yoga but will be back to it tonight. My twin nieces have asked if they can come over tonight & maybe stay over. They’re 9 and good fun so going to get them to do yoga with me. :rotfl: They love helping with DS & good for him to see them too.
  • :hello: hello sashybo

I agree about feeding your DS. It's just about textures at stage, exploring the world with their mouths.

Naughty cat, clearly loves him very much and is just helping. My cats on the other hand hated the babies and avoided them like the plague.
  • sashybo
    Hello redofromstart :hello: ooh another new visitor! :D

Thanks I think my mum just panicked a bit thinking he needed more food & then I panicked as well. :rotfl:

My cats are all naughty in their own ways. :rotfl: The food thief is very small so is the perfect size to stand on the high chair tray and then snatch & run. :eek: She loves food & will steal anything edible, I caught her trying to eat raw peanuts last night that my DH had foolishly left out. :eek: She likes being next to DS though & they lie on the couch together with him rubbing her ears. :) That’s when he’s not holding onto her tail so she can’t move & she’s shouting at him. I always watch carefully as he’s so young but she’s never been aggressive towards him (as yet) & cuddles up to sleep with him when I’m holding him for a nap.

My big cat likes to rub his head against DS’s hand to ask for a pet but usually moves away quickly when DS tries to pull his ears. My oldest cat tends to sit on my knee when I have DS but stays carefully just out of his reach. :rotfl: He loves older kids & is the first to go up to them but not so much with babies.

Forgot to mention that my oldest cat has two tufts of fur missing from the top of his head, like ripped out at the roots missing. :eek: DH said it looks like he has horns growing in. :rotfl: Think there must have been a disagreement with one of the other cats.:cool:
  • Sounds like you have lovely cats then, and a DS who will be pet friendly. I got the kittens the week before I found out I was pg with DS1 so they were one when he was born. He cried a lot. Never stopped unless he was asleep so they disliked him a lot and spent as much time outside as they could. To be fair I sympathised with their views :o
  • sashybo
    We’re lucky the cats are all quite people orientated, my oldest cat will be 10 this year, big cat will be 4 & the food thief will be 3 so they were all pretty settled before DS was born too.

They all avoided him for the first month or two, my oldest cat was very put out and fell out with me. He always followed me about & sat with me before that so I was a bit upset but he eventually realised DS was staying so he had to get used to him. :) He now tries to push DS off my knee with his fat furry bum so he can sit there too. :rotfl:

Aww poor you & poor DS redo, my DS didn’t want to be put down for the first 6 weeks or so, would just scream unless someone was holding him and that was hard enough, so hats off to you for dealing with the full time crying.:T
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Great savings on the bras. It goes to show that there are good deals to be had.
  • sashybo
    Hi chanie, yes definitely some good deals - I got one twin pack of bras for £11 and another for £8.99!

Had my twin nieces staying over last night - got them to help me put the sheets on the spare bed, peel potatoes to make leek & potato soup, cut & butter bread and wash dishes, along with getting them to help with DS. :rotfl: I made them work for their keep. :rotfl:

They did get to play on the PS4 with DH as well and they also helped him bathe DS. :D I said they can stay another time if they want as they were so good.

I got them to do yoga with me, one gave up and said it was too sore to stretch but the other seemed to enjoy herself. :)

This morning they were up before me playing with DS, they said they woke up and heard him laughing. :rotfl: My sister came to get them early afternoon and they didn't want to go home. At that point they were lying on my couch with the food thief cat and a blanket each watching Y0utube videos about Minecraft. :)

DH just getting DS to sleep so I will go and do my yoga shortly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback