IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Worried CCJ coming my way for unpaid PCN!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    My claim states that 'the vehicle was parked in breach of the terms of parking stipulated on the signage' so....does this mean I have to edit/remove points 3 & 4 as the claimant HAS specified how the terms were breached?
    No because that's completely bog standard in all POC from PPCs.
    Plus putting in the point you said about informing the claimant about new address....is this instead of writing to inform them, as previously advised by Quentin above in #26, or as well as?
    As well as, and when Quentin said 'writing to' he meant emailing their Data Protection Officer with a data rectification notice about the address.

Re emailing DPOs, read the SAR info in the NEWBIES thread for how to find the DPO email address for any PPC without asking us or flailing on their website looking for an email addy!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you, so I will keep 3 & 4 in. I have removed the end of the sentence on point 2 that says 'and had a valid permit to be parked in that bay.' as it's an ANPR controlled car park so therefore no permit required - is this correct?

Point 5 - do I need to go & check the signs actually state this before claiming it or again is this bog standard text that signs normally have on them?

Point 7 - How would I find out whether this is true or not?

With regards to me adding a point informing of my new address - please advise which point number this would be best at plus am I to use this point to explain that I hadn't recieved the LBC's because of moving...?

I have found the DPO email address for UKPC on their site and have started an email with the subject line 'Data Rectification Notice'. Do I quote their reference number for me on the LBC's or the Claim number from court?

Anyone with Windows 10 who can tell me where Notepad is...I've just found OneNote but it wants me to sign in....
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Starkat79 wrote: »
    Anyone with Windows 10 who can tell me where Notepad is...I've just found OneNote but it wants me to sign in....
    Click on the Windows icon bottom left of the screen.

Scroll down through the apps to Windows Accessories and click on it.

You should find Notepad on that list - in my case it is fifth on that list.
  • Starkat79
    Starkat79 Posts: 25 Forumite
    KeithP wrote: »
    Click on the Windows icon bottom left of the screen.

Scroll down through the apps to Windows Accessories and click on it.

You should find Notepad on that list - in my case it is fifth on that list.

Found it! Cheers Keith :)
  • If possible please can someone reply to my questions on #33 today (apart from the Notepad bit) as I am due to get my daughter back from her dad's tomorrow and need to send my defence to the court by Wednesday so I'm worrying I will run out of time!

Oh I have also since realised that I need to just quote the Court's claim number in the email to UKPC's DPO as the other reference number I was talking about would have been Gladstones! I'm guessing keeping it brief like this is best:
    Subject line - Data Rectification Notice
    Text -
    Claim Number: XXXXXXXXX

I am writing to inform you that I have moved and my new address is as follows:

XXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXX

This is my only address for service and therefore you must erase the old one, thank you.

Miss XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX

or should I mention that's why I didn't get the LBC's from Gladstones….?

TIA :)
  • Anyone....? :(
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 19 August 2019 at 3:17PM
    You need to quote the PCN number too, as per the PCN and UKPC letters. Your Rectification Notice looks fine, no need to mention Gladstones, but DO copy them into the email! Try 'enquiries@' and 'dataprotection@' for Gladstones.
    Thank you, so I will keep 3 & 4 in. I have removed the end of the sentence on point 2 that says 'and had a valid permit to be parked in that bay.' as it's an ANPR controlled car park so therefore no permit required - is this correct?
    Why are you using an example defence about permits at all? Why not use one about ANPR as per the other 16 examples in the NEWBIES thread?
    Point 5 - do I need to go & check the signs actually state this before claiming it or again is this bog standard text that signs normally have on them?
    Just say the signs were unclear but DO NOT quote from them if you do not know the exact words on the signs.
    Point 7 - How would I find out whether this is true or not?
    No idea what point #7 is as we are on page 2 as I look at your thread and I never look back to previous pages! Please show us the latest draft defence here again so we don't have to backtrack.
    With regards to me adding a point informing of my new address - please advise which point number this would be best at plus am I to use this point to explain that I hadn't recieved the LBC's because of moving...?
    Second point, after the first one that says you deny liability for any sum etc.

AND when you email the CCBC with the defence, put a paragraph or two into the BODY of that email as well, telling the CCBC about your address for service needing to be changed at their end in their data, so the DQ and subsequent court comms are sent to the right service address for you. Tell them you have informed the Claimant and their solicitors too.
  • Starkat79
    Starkat79 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Ok thanks, have emailed the rectification notice & copied in Gladstones as advised so that's ticked off the list.

I didn't go in & out of each example defence on the newbies thread as I was going by the titles of each one & the only one that mentions ANPR said it was used alongside a Pay & Display machine, which the car park I was in doesn't have machines...the rest didn't seem relevant to my situation.

I mentioned at #30 which draft defence I had started to use as was going down the unclear signs route so thought this one was the right one, just a shame nobody pointed out to me then that I was using the wrong one as I have spent the last few days thinking I was on the right track :(

Oh well, will have to look again later as off out now to take my daughter to the park :)
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    hoping now that this doesn't confuse things!

Well, you have confused me, try to keep things as simple as possible, PPCs are generally pretty thick.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    I mentioned at #30 which draft defence I had started to use as was going down the unclear signs route so thought this one was the right one, just a shame nobody pointed out to me then that I was using the wrong one as I have spent the last few days thinking I was on the right track
    Not necessarily the wrong one, it's just that it was a permit one which has nothing to do with your case. I wouldnot have chosen that one, I've have read ANPR defences (not just the one that happens to be in the sticky!).

If yours is an overstay why not just search the forum for ANPR overstay defence?

Or whatever the circumstances were, choose 2 or 3 keywords & search.

Never mind the tiny little amount of 17 examples in the NEWBIES, for the sake of a search there are 1700 defences here in the last few years, all ready for you to discover them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure