Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I actually don't know what came over me, but I know it only comes over me once every couple of years so normal service will resume tomorrow.

It only comes over me once every couple of years, too, so you aren't the only one :rotfl:
    Hope the cheesecake turned out ok :)
    And I hope your friend is ok :(
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Maybe as your mental outlook has changed, you noticed some physical changes you could make to your environment.

Lets face it, who benefits if your house is cleaner? you, and only you, cos your kids aren't going to care if your windows are sparkly clean. Plus the more time you spend in it, the more you notice it.

The light has definitely changed this week, autumn starts in a fortnight, your brain is getting ready for darker days huddled in the cave. I have plans for blackberry hunting this week, hopefully I will find enough to be able to use until Xmas. The kids love blackberries on their winter porridge. This year I might aim for running out in February. I will not leave the house without an empty ice cream tub packed in my bag.

Glad you have found some already started projects to finish off. It must feel good to finish stuff. I don't know, as I never seem to finish anything!

It is so annoying that xh is choosing not to engage - does the solicitor know he is aware of what is going on? Surely that is contempt of court? Anyway, it will all be over soon. All he is doing is delaying the inevitable, and avoiding moving on with his life. You and the kids are safe and secure, you have clean curtains, and are armed and dangerous with a crochet hook:rotfl:. Like a crafty pirate, yarrr!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I'm not sure what has happened today but the mental situation is a bit off again. :cry: I think a lot of it is to do with the fact that I cannot seem to get a good night's sleep for love nor money. Between the temperature in the room, ds next to me and one of the cats that has figured out how to scratch a cupboard door to try and make me feed her in the middle of the night - it's been a definite few nights since I got a decent rest. I've had a fuzzy head for a few days as well. If I'm a bit tired then my outlook starts to get a bit hopeless, which is no fun for me or any of the people around me.
    Anyway. I got up this morning and washed the last set of blinds that I didn't get to yesterday and I made my cheesecake croissants - they were amazing and I think I could have eaten all of them to be honest. Then sat down to watch an episode of OITNB before the kids got up.
    DS got up very late and is poorly. Again. Tonsillitis. I drugged him up and hoped that we would still make it to my mam's for Sunday lunch (via Mr M for another bottle of honey and lemon glycerin for him). We did. It was a lot more pleasant than last fortnight but I just felt so exhausted. I don't understand that I'm four weeks through the hols and still so tired.
    My mam says it is mental strain due to everything that's going on with money, ex, ds, the incident last fortnight, looming exam results etc. I think the chat with my friend has wiped me out a bit, and I am worrying about her. Plus I have found myself very tearful about the ongoing situation with my ex again. Not the fact that we're apart, but the fact that it's so very unfair that this is dragging on and costing so much. I know I'm going on and on and on about it but it is a massive chapter of my life that I can't close and the law has not been kind to me so far. Even my solicitor says that the law is not right in my case, because it's such a unique situation. I understand it, but it makes me cry that I still have to wait to try and do the right thing. He's broken god knows how many laws, lost his family, his job, his home, his driving license and still someone (presumably the council) have picked him up and helped him without him having to help himself. He's still ignoring the fact that he's a father of 2 and he could have had money in his hand for the sake of a 10 minute solicitors appointment.
    And I know that it's beyond my control, and I need to let go of the things I can't control - but I am allowed to be frustrated and angry and upset about it. And today I am all of those things. It's because he popped up on the radar again last night, so I know he's about but I don't know where so I can serve these papers.
    Meh.
    And now dd is nagging me because some of her underwear is missing. Where on earth would that be? I am also some underwear missing - both since our London trip. It's a strange mystery.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No wonder you are so tired :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Oooh, the phantom knicker nicker strikes again!
    Are you drying on the line or did you use the dryer - I hate it when you find your lacy knickers have static-ed up inside a jumper you have not worn in ages and you have been running around looking everywhere for your pants. Then the boys start looking at you funny as they think if you ask them if they know the whereabouts of your pants, they immediately assume you are accusing them of wearing them. - yeah, like my knickers would stay on those skinny hips.

Then you start to think even your lingerie will not obey you..... madness lies this way.

Drink more water - it might help with the sleep and the anxiety. It is a simple fix if it is.
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Well I went to bed with ds at 10pm last night but it took me a while to fall asleep (about 90 mins) but at least I was resting and winding down. Slept through fairly solidly until 5am when the scratching on the cupboard door started. You should have seen the look on Tuxy's face - thinking she was getting early breakfast when in fact I picked her up and put her out and went back to bed. Couldn't get back to sleep and ds woke up needing calpol and a drink. Finally managed to doze over again at about half past six and then woke up for the day at 9.
    As it's only 9.30 now I haven't worked out how I'm feeling yet today. I've fed the cats, made myself a cuppa and put the rubbish out and now I'm sitting down on here.
    No plans (yet) for today. I don't feel like I want to do anything but again it might still be too early. I have a couple of little frogs needing dealing with so I might get on with that in a bit, and crochet is looking at me needing more work as well. Definitely doing some more courgette fritters (thanks foxgloves) for lunch.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Could someone kindly repost the courgette fritter recipe. Thanks ��
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Hi Friend Catlady,
    I was going to post this recipe on my diary, but I'm putting it on yours instead in case it's helpful.
    Mr F & I both think these are yum! Nice sizzling hot with sauce or chutney.
    EASY COURGETTE FRITTERS
    450g courgettes
    50g parmesan or reggiano type cheese
    2 eggs
    4 tablspns plain flour
    Salt & pepper
    Oil for frying
    A clean tea towel
    Beat the eggs a bit with a fork to break them up. Grate the cheese. Put both aside while you sort out the courgettes. Top & tail these & grate them coarsely. Put them in the centre of a clean tea towel & squeeze out as much liquid as you possibly can. Then tip into a bowl, add the cheese, flour, a little salt & pepper and the eggs. Stir together well.
    Pour sufficient oil into a frying pan to cover the base & heat. Drop about a fairly generous tablespoon of the mixture into the oil & fry about 3 mins per side till browned & crispy on the outside.
    I've only recently started making these & we were both surprised how nice they are.
    Anyway, this might be helpful, but no worries if not.
    F x
    Here you go Beanie
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thanks crazycatlaby:)

• f0xh0les
    edited 19 August 2019 at 6:22PM
    Options
    janb5 wrote: »
    Hi couldnt find the frequency box...where is that please.?

I`d be sad if CCL stopped talking to me!
    I'd be sad too.

Top of this page:
    Quick Links - click

Subscribed Threads - click

There is a column next to your subscribed threads that reads notifications - you can have immediate, daily, weekly etc that will tell you whether you have ticked the wrong box. If so, go to

Thread tools at the top of CCLs page, unsubscribe, and then resubscribe and tell it what frequency you want email notification for.

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport