Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Comments

• Elnora32
    Elnora32 Posts: 172 Forumite
    [FONT=&quot]Great start to your new regime.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I struggle with the water intake, especially if I’m busy but feel so much better when I’m properly hydrated. [/FONT]
  • Drinking water is possibly the most healthy thing I do regularly. I do use a metal water bottle that I refill before I leave anywhere and drink it rather than constantly carry a full bottle
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,509
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Drinking water is one of the things I struggle with as I’m forever running to the loo - I find every time I go to the loo at home I have a glass of water there and then from glass on my bathroom window ledge. I’ve lost count of the number of water bottles I’ve bought and lost so I’ve given up on that.
    Day 1 of the plan sounds successful :beer:
    January spends - £587.58
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    HappyNow wrote: »
    Well done on the new regime today after yesterday's shaky start :D

So was today a 500 or a 1500 calorie day? I couldn't tell from your list. I would be an absolute evil-tempered monster if I had to manage on 500 calories!

Hi Happy – it was a 1,500 calorie day. I'm keeping the 500 cal days to Tuesdays and Thursdays when I'm work as I keep busy and don't think about food as much as when I'm at home! On those days I have just coffee when I get into work and two hard-boiled eggs and an apple for lunch with soup and ryvita for evening. I'm going to change it very slightly and use the eggs to make redo's egg wrap for lunch instead. Even with the rocket and a little parmesan it should keep to within the calorie count for the day.
    Lots of great ideas for a healthy lifestyle.

I really need to get my head straight on this and do this too. Well done.

Thanks DIA! Whenever I read your diary I think you seem to eat very healthily – setting the Plan out here in the diary will hopefully keep me on track!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Seasidegal58
    Forumite
    Elnora32 wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]Great start to your new regime.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I struggle with the water intake, especially if I’m busy but feel so much better when I’m properly hydrated. [/FONT]
    Drinking water is possibly the most healthy thing I do regularly. I do use a metal water bottle that I refill before I leave anywhere and drink it rather than constantly carry a full bottle
    milann wrote: »
    Drinking water is one of the things I struggle with as I’m forever running to the loo - I find every time I go to the loo at home I have a glass of water there and then from glass on my bathroom window ledge. I’ve lost count of the number of water bottles I’ve bought and lost so I’ve given up on that.
    Day 1 of the plan sounds successful :beer:
    Hi Elnora, inod and milann! I've ordered the chilly bottle today as advised by lashie. This should help to keep me up to scratch with my water intake at work.

Day Two of the Plan (which was yesterday):-

- Zero alcoholl – all ok here.

- Maximum of 1500 calories for five days, 500 calories for two days (to include 5 x fruit and veg and just one sweet treat on the 1500 days) – ok – I had toast and marmalade, coffee for breakfast; smoked salmon, low fat cream cheese and rocket sandwich, apple, two plums for lunch; and jacket potato, baked beans and (rationed) cheddar with big salad and reduced fat Caesar dressing for dinner.

- Six glasses of water per day – all ok.
    - Step up the walking pace – I walked to Aldi, which takes just under 20 minutes. Coming back I set the walking app for 30 mins, got home 19 mins, so dumped the shopping and went back out to finish my walk, adding on a couple of minutes. I enjoyed the walk as I have to go through out local park and it was lovely and sunny – the fair was being set up in the park for the Bank Holiday weekend – brought back some memories of when I was a child!

- Go to bed at a reasonable hour – I ended up going to bed at c.10.30pm as I had been to the cinema and had a late dinner. However, I tossed and turned and couldn't get to sleep for ages and then ended up waking up about 2.30am and tossed and turned again! Unusual for me but maybe not getting up at the crack of dawn and then having a reasonably early night put my body clock out of kilter.:(

- No money wasting. Balance YNAB daily – Budgeted spends was my Aldi top up shop. I downloaded two tracks from Itunes - £1.98 – apart from this no Ad Hoc spends and YNAB balanced.

Yesterday my friend and I went to the see the new Tarantino film "Once Upon a Time in….Hollywood" which was the best film I've seen in I don't know how long! Very long film but it was so good you didn't notice the length! Violent in some places and very black humour and the last twenty minutes or so were absolutely nuts in the best Tarantino way, but a bittersweet ending. All performances were great – Leonardo and Brad were brilliant (and Brad still looks as good as ever – drool! :smileyhea).
    Will check in this evening with the results of Day 3 of the plan!

🌟
  • Well done on your healthy eating, walking etc Seaside. I bet you feel a lot better for it :).

Glad you enjoyed seeing a bit of Leonardo and Brad on the screen :D.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HappyNow
    HappyNow Posts: 1,558
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

Day Two of the Plan (which was yesterday):-

- Zero alcoholl – all ok here.

- Maximum of 1500 calories for five days, 500 calories for two days (to include 5 x fruit and veg and just one sweet treat on the 1500 days) – ok – I had toast and marmalade, coffee for breakfast; smoked salmon, low fat cream cheese and rocket sandwich, apple, two plums for lunch; and jacket potato, baked beans and (rationed) cheddar with big salad and reduced fat Caesar dressing for dinner.

- Six glasses of water per day – all ok.
    - Step up the walking pace – I walked to Aldi, which takes just under 20 minutes. Coming back I set the walking app for 30 mins, got home 19 mins, so dumped the shopping and went back out to finish my walk, adding on a couple of minutes. I enjoyed the walk as I have to go through out local park and it was lovely and sunny – the fair was being set up in the park for the Bank Holiday weekend – brought back some memories of when I was a child!

- Go to bed at a reasonable hour – I ended up going to bed at c.10.30pm as I had been to the cinema and had a late dinner. However, I tossed and turned and couldn't get to sleep for ages and then ended up waking up about 2.30am and tossed and turned again! Unusual for me but maybe not getting up at the crack of dawn and then having a reasonably early night put my body clock out of kilter.:(

- No money wasting. Balance YNAB daily – Budgeted spends was my Aldi top up shop. I downloaded two tracks from Itunes - £1.98 – apart from this no Ad Hoc spends and YNAB balanced.

All looking good SSG. That's one very healthy diet. And no snacking - don't you snack? I'm shocking for it and always have been even when I was young and slim (although it didn't matter much back then). And you've targeted yourself for just one sweet treat per day but haven't had one. Unless you count fruit? Surely you don't count fruit...?!
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

Debt Dec 11: Unsecured £69,579 + Mortgage £59,948 = £129,527
    Debt May 21: Unsecured ZERO! ZILCH! Mortgage £22,332
  • Seasidegal58
    Forumite
    HappyNow wrote: »
    All looking good SSG. That's one very healthy diet. And no snacking - don't you snack? I'm shocking for it and always have been even when I was young and slim (although it didn't matter much back then). And you've targeted yourself for just one sweet treat per day but haven't had one. Unless you count fruit? Surely you don't count fruit...?!

Thanks Happy – I am terrible for snacking as well – I'm trying to keep it mostly to fruit till the end of the month. I don't actually consider fruit as a sweet treat though (it comes under the "healthy, must eat more of " category)! To qualify as a sweet treat in my book it has got to be chocolate, sweets, biscuits, cake, ice-cream and, er, more chocolate! I keep meaning to have a couple of squares of chocolate but then find I have run out of calories………….

Day Three of the Plan (which was yesterday):-

- Zero alcoholl – All hunky dory!

- Maximum of 1500 calories for five days, 500 calories for two days (to include 5 x fruit and veg and just one sweet treat on the 1500 days) – Passed – I had porridge and banana, coffee for breakfast; smoked salmon sandwich with apple and two satsumas for lunch; and fish fingers, oven chips and peas with big spinach, pepper and tomato salad and reduced fat Caesar dressing for dinner.

- Six glasses of water per day – just about passed on this by drinking loads of water when I got in from work and nearly drowned! I must try and drink more in work!.
    - Step up the walking pace – My usual work walks, but when I got home at the station last night I started the app for half an hour so added an extra quarter of an hour on my walk home.

- Go to bed at a reasonable hour – Went to bed at 10.15pm and slept right through till the alarm went off this morning!

- No money wasting. Balance YNAB daily – No spends at all yesterday!

My only black pair of jeans has finally worn away at the top of thighs so I've had to order another pair from Evans today ( find these fit me best) – didn't really want to buy more clothes while I'm trying to shed some lbs but needs must. With the postage they came to £26.50 from the clothes budget (but I put the order through Topcashback).

🌟
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,509
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You’re rocking the plan :T
    Happy new jeans.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Seasidegal58
    Forumite
    Well done on your healthy eating, walking etc Seaside. I bet you feel a lot better for it :).

Glad you enjoyed seeing a bit of Leonardo and Brad on the screen :D.
    milann wrote: »
    You’re rocking the plan :T
    Happy new jeans.

Thanks Hairy and milann! Yes it's always good to have a goggle at the divine Brad!

Day 4 of the Plan (which was yesterday):-

- Zero alcoholl – OK

- Maximum of 1500 calories for five days, 500 calories for two days (to include 5 x fruit and veg and just one sweet treat on the 1500 days) – This was a 500 calorie day so instead of the usual two hard boiled eggs for lunch, I knocked up redo's two egg wrap – put some smoked paprika in the egg mix plus rocket and tiny amount of parmesan shavings. The wrap had cracked a little by lunchtime but much more tastier and interesting than just hard boiled eggs! I'm definitely going to make this the go-to 500 calorie day lunch in future! For dinner I had soup and ryvitas – did get the munchies afterwards so I crunched on some raw carrots!

- Six glasses of water per day – same as yesterday, i.e. just about passed on this by drinking loads of water when I got in from work and nearly drowned! I must try and drink more in work!.

. - Step up the walking pace – I felt really tired when I got off the train at the home station – not sure whether this was because of the lack of calories! So I didn't extend the walk. However, I still totted up over half an hour in walks over the day.

- Go to bed at a reasonable hour – All ok - went to bed at c.10.00pm!

- No money wasting. Balance YNAB daily£5.10 for the weekly lunchtime coffees with my friend – this came out of the Entertainment (Drinks and Eats) budget. Apart from that nothing else. YNAB all ok.

Marks & Spencer have sent me £11 in loyalty vouchers so I'm going to buy a new bra on my way home tonight!

🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business