Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • imagnu
    • By imagnu 17th Aug 19, 12:11 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    imagnu
    GE Money PPI request
    • 17th Aug 19, 12:11 PM
    GE Money PPI request 17th Aug 19 at 12:11 PM
    Hello, Im new here although I have been an onlooker for a long time.
    I too am doing the PPI checks having found some old statements when clearing out.

Yorkshire Bank no problem, they checked back to 1995 and found several PPIs, just have to send them up to date ID & address info as I have moved to a different area. Once they receive the ID etc they will apparently open a complaint on my behalf and any PPI owed to me will be repaid.

I am however hitting a brick wall with GE Money Home Lending.
    I found a Loan Agreement retrospective statement from 12 April 2007 9 Jan 2009 with opening balance and length of agreement plus a copy of the CHAPS Authority dated 11/12/2008 when the loan balance was paid in full.

I called the number they gave for PPI claims on their website, the guy I spoke to said he could not find any record but if I sent copies of the documents via the email on their web page he was sure they would be able to find the information required.

I sent scanned copies of the statement, the Chaps Authority and full details of my present & current address.

GE Money have replied via email thus:

RE: PPI INFORMATION REQUEST
    Thank you for your recent correspondence.
    With the documentation you have provided, we are not able to identify a GE Money account for you. In line with the Data Protection Act, the records relating to your account may have been securely destroyed if the loan was closed more than six years ago.
    I dont know what, if anything, I can do next, I have no other paperwork except for the statement and Chaps receipt which I already sent them.

Can anyone advise if there is a next step or have I hit a brick wall?.
    Thank you for reading.
    Imagnu
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 17th Aug 19, 12:54 PM
    • 10,486 Posts
    • 14,578 Thanks
    -taff
    • 17th Aug 19, 12:54 PM
    • 17th Aug 19, 12:54 PM
    Brick wall. You don't have enough documentation and they have no records left.

Is there any evidence on these documents of PPI?
    • imagnu
    • By imagnu 17th Aug 19, 1:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    imagnu
    • 17th Aug 19, 1:29 PM
    Thank you :)
    • 17th Aug 19, 1:29 PM
    Thank's -taff, reply much appreciated.

Nothing on the doc's I have mentioning PPI.
    I thought it was probably a dead end, no worries,

Just thought I would ask those who know more about it in case I had missed something obvious.

imagnu
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 17th Aug 19, 8:57 PM
    • 24,605 Posts
    • 14,123 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 17th Aug 19, 8:57 PM
    • 17th Aug 19, 8:57 PM
    Realise that you are not "owed" PPI. In order for it to be refunded, you need to show that the PPI (if any) was mis-sold to you...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,029Posts Today

7,011Users online

Martin's Twitter