Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fewkeste
    • By fewkeste 21st Apr 17, 4:18 PM
    • 412Posts
    • 205Thanks
    fewkeste
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop
    • 21st Apr 17, 4:18 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop 21st Apr 17 at 4:18 PM
    I'm just in the process of switching from Robin Hood Energy to Powershop and would like to receive feedback and comments about this new supplier. Apparently they are well established in Australia and New Zealand and are operating in the UK under the Npower licence at present.
Page 70
    • Nobleman
    • By Nobleman 16th Aug 19, 12:31 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Nobleman
    I've switched my electricity away from Powershop to Symbio as my tariff was ending. I also have gas with Powershop but that tariff doesnt end until November so do not intend to switch away just yet as there is nothing cheaper available elsewhere. However I have received a message from Poweshop saying 'Unfortunately we are not set to supply gas only accounts at this time so you will need to ensure that your new supplier submits a request for your gas as well.' This is not possible as Symbio only supply electricity. I have never been told this before and nowhere on their website does it say this. Can they force me to switch away before my tariff ends?
    • fewkeste
    • By fewkeste 16th Aug 19, 2:25 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 205 Thanks
    fewkeste
    Interesting dilemma
    Can they force me to switch away before my tariff ends?
    Originally posted by Nobleman
    Interesting situation. I would contact the regulator and the Ombudsman to ask that very question.
    • Tafrock
    • By Tafrock 17th Aug 19, 6:42 AM
    • 430 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    Tafrock
    Try zog for gas only. They are the cheapest for me. I never found powershop gas particularly competitve. Id have thought they were quite within their rights to force you to switch gas providers as they make it quite clear in the terms and conditions that they do not supply gas only

Ps I'm with symbio for electricity and am quite happy with them. Paying about the same if not less then I was in my latter days with powershop without the need to regularly purchase powerpacks. Customer service is at times quite poor but I've not needed them recently. Also with symbio you pay for what you use ie no credit or debit builds up.

There is a similar thread to this one relating to symbio on mse forum. Check it out
    Last edited by Tafrock; Yesterday at 6:48 AM.
    • Nobleman
    • By Nobleman 17th Aug 19, 10:50 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Nobleman
    Try zog for gas only. They are the cheapest for me. I never found powershop gas particularly competitve. Id have thought they were quite within their rights to force you to switch gas providers as they make it quite clear in the terms and conditions that they do not supply gas only

Ps I'm with symbio for electricity and am quite happy with them. Paying about the same if not less then I was in my latter days with powershop without the need to regularly purchase powerpacks. Customer service is at times quite poor but I've not needed them recently. Also with symbio you pay for what you use ie no credit or debit builds up.

There is a similar thread to this one relating to symbio on mse forum. Check it out
    Originally posted by Tafrock

I have had a quick look through their t&c's and can't see anything that says they do not supply gas only. In fact they constantly say 'gas or electricity (or both)' when they should surely say 'electricity or electricity & gas' if they do not supply gas only. The only reference to no gas only supply is in the questions section where they say '
    Does Powershop supply gas?

Yes, if you’re already a customer of Powershop you can now buy your gas our way too! If you’re new to Powershop, you can join us as a dual fuel customer or just buy your electricity from us.'

Doesn't say anywhere what would happen if you switch away your electricity supply though.

I have done various comparisons and Zog are the cheapest for me too though unit price is 2.991p v 2.70 that I am currently paying so obviously keen to stay put until November if at all possible.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

898Posts Today

6,996Users online

Martin's Twitter