N Ayrshire or renfrewshire?

kimplus8
kimplus8 Posts: 968 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
I am looking to move from galloway a bit further up the line.
I am a nurse and Im looking to live with an easy commute to a hospital.
any recommendations?
I know there is a previous thread regarding Ayrshire but I'm looking at options a bit further out than that as well as ayr itself.
warm regards
Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023

Comments

• SPOWER
    SPOWER Posts: 283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You want strangers on the internet to tell you where to move to?

Come on please.
  • kimplus8
    SPOWER wrote: »
    You want strangers on the internet to tell you where to move to?

Come on please.
    well, if you find it so terrible that I am asking the OPINIONS of people that live in these areas before making an informed choice as to where I am going to live then why have you been bothered to respond.
    :cool:
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • What hospital?
  • kimplus8
    What hospital?
    I see jobs regularly advertised in Ayr, N Ayrshire (central), E Ayrshire (NHS A and A), Royal Alexandra.
    I am happy to apply for jobs at all of them I am just trying to seek out what areas people find the nicest before I start looking at properties etc.
  • I personally think it is a good idea to ask for advice from people who live in the area you are considering moving to kimplus8.
    North Ayrshire is a lovely place to live, most of it coastal and on mainline train and bus links.
    If you are a nurse, I assume you will have to make enquiries at the hospitals, if your move is based primarily on work.
    I have lived in North Ayrshire for 8 years now, having lived my whole life (50+ years) in England.
    MSE Addiction, should come with a health warning:money:
  • kimplus8
    I personally think it is a good idea to ask for advice from people who live in the area you are considering moving to kimplus8.
    North Ayrshire is a lovely place to live, most of it coastal and on mainline train and bus links.
    If you are a nurse, I assume you will have to make enquiries at the hospitals, if your move is based primarily on work.
    I have lived in North Ayrshire for 8 years now, having lived my whole life (50+ years) in England.
    I am swaying towards Ayrshire TBH.
  • abz88
    abz88 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    There are good and bad parts in both Ayrshire and Renfrewshire. With a lot of Renfrewshire you are also easily able to commute to the hospitals in Glasgow as well as the RAH in Paisley which is worth keeping in mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure