Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bigpappa
    • By bigpappa 22nd Jul 19, 2:52 PM
    • 133Posts
    • 10Thanks
    bigpappa
    0 WOW
    Can I post a passport to the US?
    • 22nd Jul 19, 2:52 PM
    0 WOW
    Can I post a passport to the US? 22nd Jul 19 at 2:52 PM
    My son is a dual US/UK citizen and has travelled to the US two days ago but forgot to take his UK passport.

I have found his passport at home. Can I post it to him to the US? He will only need it when he comes back and needs to go through UK customs. Or Shall I hold onto it?
Page 3
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 15th Aug 19, 6:58 PM
    • 4,725 Posts
    • 11,974 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime

I don't understand what you mean by EU nationals falling foul of this "hostile enviroment"?
    Originally posted by powerful_Rogue
    Just think of a word beginning with B
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card / JD Williams cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 15th Aug 19, 10:49 PM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 2,450 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    Just think of a word beginning with B
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime

But the US is not part of the EU...is it?
    • benjus
    • By benjus 16th Aug 19, 6:30 PM
    • 5,311 Posts
    • 3,269 Thanks
    benjus
    I can understand why people might get nervous about this "Hostile Environment" stuff. There were some stories in the media about EU citizens in the UK being told to leave, but this was a mistake on the government's part. Regrettable but hardly the end of the world. There were also some stories about British citizenship applications being refused - which seemed to come down to people not following the process correctly. Then of course there was the Windrush scandal which was very bad for all concerned.

However, I can't recall a single story about a British Citizen being caught up in any of this.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,047Posts Today

7,254Users online

Martin's Twitter