Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JamoLew
    • By JamoLew 12th Jul 19, 8:39 AM
    • 122Posts
    • 155Thanks
    JamoLew
    Veggie and Vegan Rant
    • 12th Jul 19, 8:39 AM
    Veggie and Vegan Rant 12th Jul 19 at 8:39 AM
    why the double standards ?

Its a lifestyle choice, its YOUR lifestyle choice - not mine

Scenario 1:

a) You invite one round for a meal, they EXPECT you to have produced a suitable meal option for them - cause you knew they were veggie/vegan....right

b) You go to theirs for a meal ---meat option --- urm nope, no way - you do realise we/I am veggie/vegan

DOUBLE STANDARDS

Scenario 2:

You produce,name and display your veggie/vegan food in a manner that is designed to "trick" meat eaters into buying your product.

a) sausage
    /ˈsɒsɪdʒ/

noun
    noun: sausage; plural noun: sausages
    an item of food in the form of a cylindrical length of minced pork or other meat encased in a skin, typically sold raw to be grilled or fried before eating.

b) burger
    /ˈbəːɡə/

noun
    noun: burger; plural noun: burgers
    a flat round cake of minced beef that is fried or grilled and typically served in a bread roll; a hamburger.

Use you own names and styles - If you dislike meat/animal products - why on earth would you mimic the appearance and use the same names !!

DOUBLE STANDARDS

Scenario 3:

a) a veggie/vegan offers a snack or food item to a meat eater who then comments "that was quite nice". Bring on the smug "ooo you know that was vegan right" reply (or similar)

b) a meat eater offers a snack or food item to a veggie/vegan who then comments "that was quite nice" - to which the meat eater replies "you realise that was baby cow/lamb etc etc that you just ate" -- I bet the response isnt the same !!

DOUBLE STANDARDS

Rant over...thanks
Page 7
    • Retrogamer
    • By Retrogamer 14th Aug 19, 8:59 AM
    • 3,961 Posts
    • 3,927 Thanks
    Retrogamer
    I have 3 friends who a vegan and two of them have Pernicious Anemia which I believe is caused by a lack of vitamin B12. They have injections every few months. I've often wondered where the B12 for the injections comes from.
    Originally posted by DevilsAdvocate1
    it's not.

I know 2 people who have been eating meat their whole life who have it.

It's the inability for your body to absorb or process B12 via the stomach no matter how much you eat or drink.
    • paulpud
    • By paulpud 14th Aug 19, 1:48 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 157 Thanks
    paulpud
    Pernicious anaemia isn't diet related.
    Originally posted by hollydays
    Are we sure it's not just the names of one of their children?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

898Posts Today

6,996Users online

Martin's Twitter