Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Martin_D2
    • By Martin_D2 7th Aug 19, 8:30 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Martin_D2
    LCWRA Backdated
    • 7th Aug 19, 8:30 PM
    LCWRA Backdated 7th Aug 19 at 8:30 PM
    Hi am looming for some help my mother has been on universal credit and put her first sick note in on the 9 of May 2018 and on the 1 Sep 2018 thay sent a Work Capability Assessment and she had a face to face and she got a email in our portal on the 12 Nov 2018 to say she was fit to work, so we asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration request
    on the 15 Nov 2018. This come back on the 13 Jan 2019 still fit for work.

So we moved into the tribunal and my mum won this at the start of August 2019. So was put onto limited capability for work and work-related activity

So how does she clam her backdated money. Itís been a nightmare 😕
Page 2
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 13th Aug 19, 7:49 PM
    • 3,089 Posts
    • 2,073 Thanks
    calcotti
    Trust me, i know what group i am in and what i get paid. I am not paid ESA or any equivalent. My UC remains the same.
    Originally posted by gomer
    If you have been found to have LCWRA and the element is not included in you UC entitlement calculation (if that is the benefit you are receiving) then you are not being correctly paid.
    • gomer
    • By gomer 13th Aug 19, 7:55 PM
    • 570 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    gomer
    If you have been found to have LCWRA and the element is not included in you UC entitlement calculation (if that is the benefit you are receiving) then you are not being correctly paid.
    Originally posted by calcotti

Ok lets try again because i think this is getting confused. I have been found to have limited capability for work and have been put IN the work related activity group. I go to the jc every couple of months to take part in work related activity.
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 13th Aug 19, 8:03 PM
    • 3,089 Posts
    • 2,073 Thanks
    calcotti
    I have been found to have limited capability for work and have been put IN the work related activity group. I go to the jc every couple of months to take part in work related activity.
    Previously you said (#17)

I am in limited capability for work and work-related activity.
    No doubt this was a typing error but that's where the confusion has arisen.
    • gomer
    • By gomer 13th Aug 19, 8:06 PM
    • 570 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    gomer
    That was just a c&p actually lol

That's what i thought though. It's the way it reads that confused things.

So basically limited capability of work.

AND

Limited capability for doing work related activity as well.

Glad thats sorted.
    Last edited by gomer; 13-08-2019 at 8:09 PM.
    • Martin_D2
    • By Martin_D2 13th Aug 19, 9:07 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Martin_D2
    Can we ask the DWP just to take a percentage of the backdated money like they’re doing now

So right now as you know she is paying £47.67 on the basic UC as she is now on LCWRA + UC

Can we ask them to take off £47 from the backdated money so that would be 11 months = £517 ? That would be on top of the £47.67 she has been paying.

As she really needs a new bed and waking AIDS as she has really bad COPD
    Last edited by Martin_D2; 13-08-2019 at 9:14 PM.
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 13th Aug 19, 9:14 PM
    • 3,089 Posts
    • 2,073 Thanks
    calcotti
    Can we ask the DWP just to take a percentage of the backdated money like they’re doing now

So right now as you know she is paying £47.67 on the basic UC as she is now on LCWRA + UC

Can we ask them to take off £47 from the backdated money so that would be 11 months = £517 ?

As she really needs a new bed and waking AIDS as she has really bad COPD
    Originally posted by Martin_D2
    You can ask. However if there has been a previous benefits overpayment I believe this is immediately repayable in full. Accepting repayment in instalments is essentially a concession in recognition of the fact that somebody cannot pay.

At the moment you don’t appear to know whether the debt may use up all the arrears or only some of them.

If she needs walking aids can she not get these through a needs assessment? https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/

There may be charities that can help with the cost of a bed.
    Last edited by calcotti; 13-08-2019 at 9:18 PM.
    • Martin_D2
    • By Martin_D2 13th Aug 19, 9:49 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Martin_D2
    So on UC she has had one overpayment of £247.93 so don’t mind them taking it but if it’s for old benefit she still has a lot still to pay back. We are taking £7k+ it’s because of overpayments of tax credits for my sister as she was a college but the DWP she was not lol �� our mum gave up trying to prove she was.
    Last edited by Martin_D2; 13-08-2019 at 10:06 PM.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 13th Aug 19, 10:33 PM
    • 5,623 Posts
    • 5,163 Thanks
    poppy12345
    There's no need to pay for your own aids she can self refer for a needs assessment. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/

An Occupational Therapist will come out to assess her and give her the help she needs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

956Posts Today

6,760Users online

Martin's Twitter