Is Virgin Service really so bad?

Options
joepubli
joepubli Posts: 174 Forumite
First Post
edited 12 August 2019 at 5:30PM in Broadband & internet access
Hi,
I just had the Virgin service installed - 100MB package. I am getting close to this if I stand by the router. But upstairs I am getting 7.24 or less - Vodafone - I am switching from is 30mb+ in the same room and the virgin guy was saying their router is 50x stronger! Upload of just 0.32. The installation guy said he could do nothing and I should call their helpline. The signal in the wire was good.

45 minutes music - later - rather a unhelpful guy who "did some tests" and was impressed that it went up from 5 to 7! He then offered to SELL me boosters - how much of a boost I would get from 7! Its not that I am 500 metres away - just upstairs - still am get 30+ from Vodafone and just 5-7 from Virgin on a 100mb package

He just said wait 48 hours - dont see how that would help. I asked to put through to cancellations - he put me through. Another 40 minutes of music till my battery ran out.

Question - (1) Is the service always this bad - I am still wiythin my 14 days - but sounds as if it will take a few hours to cancel.

(2) What happens to my phone number I just switched to them?
(3) Has anyone else had experience with the booster - does it take it from 7 to 100?

Please recommend someone with a good customer service where they dont keep you on phone for 45 minutes - its for my aged mum.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport