We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Plant ID help needed

2»

Comments

• dancing_star
    dancing_star Posts: 312 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If you have a smartphone, try the 'plantnet' app, you can upload photos of the leaves or flowers and it will bring up suggestions. I've found it pretty good.
  • NeverInDebt
    NeverInDebt Posts: 4,634 Forumite
    I recently found a app that does plant ID needs smartphone and either data on or wifi to work. I dont use data so can only use when wifi is available

its called plantnet

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.plantnet&hl=en_GB
  • elle_may
    elle_may Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Davesnave wrote: »
    1. Linaria purpurea
    2. Caper spurge 'The Mole Plant'
    3. Hibiscus syriacus.

There's a nice variation on number 1, which is pink, with the varietal name 'Canon Went.' I prefer that.

Yes i have no 1 pink and purple. The bees do love them and they seed every where. They look good together.
  • GreenQueen
    GreenQueen Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Thanks for this thread. I have been wondering what had popped up in my garden, and now discover it is a ...CAPER SPURGE. Looks tall and structured, but I was worried it may be trying to take over the world. Much happier now!
    2021 - mission declutter and clean - 0/2021
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    elle_may wrote: »
    Yes i have no 1 pink and purple. The bees do love them and they seed every where. They look good together.
    I've found the purple to be dominant and I don't know if the pink will seed true if they're close, but a packet of seed is £2 and they germinate easily.

There's also another variation, called Springside White, which I imagine may be the least easy to breed true.
  • Thought i'd show you a couple of mine at the moment

IMG-20190730-083954315-3.jpg IMG-20190803-161112290.jpg IMG-20190803-161017575.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure