Sainsbury's Tu clothing ½ price sale started today

Options
redfox
redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
edited 16 July 2019 at 4:04PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Sainsbury's has started another ½ price sale on Tu clothing - half price on selected items.

Online and instore

Womenswear sale has started today - there was absolutely loads of lines reduced to ½ price in my local Sainsbury's today and they were still marking down more as I left.

The menswear and childrenswear sale starts in a couple of days time according to the SA.

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 16 Jul:

If you go online to Sainsbury’s Tu or visit larger stores that sell clothing (find your nearest) you can get up to 50% off on selected women’s, men’s and kids’ clothing. Online pricing may vary slightly from in-store pricing.

We’ve reached out to Sainsbury’s for specific details about its sale, but we haven’t heard back yet, so go quickly if there’s something you’d like as some stock is limited. For more offers at Sainsbury’s, check out our Sainsbury’s deals page.

Big thanks to redfox for the spot! [purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• Retro_Bunny
    Retro_Bunny Posts: 650 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Found the recent Sainsburys Tu "Sales" to be absolutely pants, with one rail of "sale" items of XS or XXXXL sizes only.
    Went to Asda, where almost everything on sale and the standard prices were lower to start with.
    Returned most things I bought from Sainsburys the next day.
    --- Warning: Grumpy Old Man in Training ---
  • Lily54
    Lily54 Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Found the recent Sainsburys Tu "Sales" to be absolutely pants, with one rail of "sale" items of XS or XXXXL sizes only.
    Went to Asda, where almost everything on sale and the standard prices were lower to start with.
    Returned most things I bought from Sainsburys the next day.
    Must be lot of XS and XXXXL people on here so happy for them if they can grab a bargain. I'm not usually lucky in any of the sales so stick to charity shops mostly. Thank you redfox for the post.
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Menswear sale has started today. Lots of things reduced to ½ price in all the sizes.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 July 2019 at 11:54AM
    Options
    If you've got a bit of "other" shopping (groceries etc.) with you at the till, put that through first before the TU items.
    Use your Nectar card and you might just be fortunate to get a till spit like I did yesterday - 400 Nectar points when you spend £10 on TU

Basically £2 OFF - up to another 20% off your half price clothing :j
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A right load of old rubbish in this sale as many before them.
    Ludicrous colours & sizes.
    Should have sent it all to a market stall instead.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A right load of old rubbish in this sale as many before them.
    Ludicrous colours & sizes.
    Should have sent it all to a market stall instead.
    Your last sentence is a hard assessment, but when I flick through the Tu rails I am constantly reminded of the much better stuff I pick up at the chazzer, for a great deal less. Tu merchandise is hardwearing, but its also very uninspiring.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    When I buy Tu clothing I'm not looking for inspiration but for something to blend with what I already have.

I find the range of clothing sizes is good - and I've gone from size 22 to 8 and always found something. Perhaps I've been extra lucky.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When I buy Tu clothing I'm not looking for inspiration but for something to blend with what I already have.

I find the range of clothing sizes is good - and I've gone from size 22 to 8 and always found something. Perhaps I've been extra lucky.

Well done!
    That's amazing. :T
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure