Overcharged on every home delivery

I have been noticing for a while now... No actually it has been at least the last 5 years!
That I am getting overcharged on home shopping deliveries, I am single and disabled I was annoyed when I had to start paying 40 pounds on a shop, not an easy feat when you live alone in grocery amount or cost.
I have seen a marked difference in my bill to what it actually should be, sometimes a pound or three or more or even 50 pence but on almost every shop . I have only just called them because I was worried I'd be treat how I was treat, like what is the big deal... it is a few quid here and there.
I then said ''but if you are doing this to me how many other people are you doing it to and how many thousands (at a conservative guess) are Asda making from this and not refunding or even declaring?''.
I was told in a monotone could not give a flying you know what voice, ''sorry, your next delivery will be free if it is 3 pounds or under and we accept and know this is happening'' (luckily all my calls are recorded)
Are Asda skimming thousands or heck could be far far more because 90% of people do not check their bills item by item.
I'm sure I am not the only one this is happening to, if not what are Asda doing about it because for the past few years they have been doing it to me and it is still going on.
So what can we do about it if you cannot get out to physically do it yourself?:(

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You need to establish where this overcharging is stemming from, as every item will be listed and see if it is a genuine overcharge or just a change in the price of an item.

Clearly there's not going to be any deliberate strategy to overcharge.
  • zombiebait
    zombiebait Posts: 5 Forumite
    I added everything up 3 times including delivery etc then took off the savings and got the same result each time, the lady on the phone could not tell me why it had or was happening, palmed me off with a free delivery coupon and admitted they knew about this being an issue so clearly it is not just me, it is just that most people do not go through the online bill and calculate it against the total because they trust Asda will not rip them off but they are blatantly and consistantly so.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    zombiebait wrote: »
    I added everything up 3 times including delivery etc then took off the savings and got the same result each time, the lady on the phone could not tell me why it had or was happening, palmed me off with a free delivery coupon and admitted they knew about this being an issue so clearly it is not just me, it is just that most people do not go through the online bill and calculate it against the total because they trust Asda will not rip them off but they are blatantly and consistantly so.

What items were you overcharged for?
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Perhaps you could scan / take good photos of one of the receipts you believe to be incorrect and upload it here ?
  • zombiebait
    They could not tell me what I was overcharged for and I went it 3 times, it just did not add up it was surplus money added on. The lady on the phone admitted they knew this was happening
  • zombiebait

Clearly there's not going to be any deliberate strategy to overcharge.

No ofc not because giant corporations never do such things like that lol :D
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,855
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    dlusman wrote: »
    Perhaps you could scan / take good photos of one of the receipts you believe to be incorrect and upload it here ?

Asda are paperless so you dont get receipts anymore.

OP are you looking at the difference between your email and what was taken from your bank? That could be offers that have changed on your delivery day as you pay the price on the day and not the price when ordering?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I went via the itemised invoice list and total that is on your account online and checked all the offers were on, all the items has offer stickers on etc.
    No though they have stopped giving you a paper bill which I did like to get tbh, but less paper trails these days means less accountability and they put human errors down to computer ones but this has been happening on and off for years and I have her recorded as saying to a superior colleague that they are aware of it.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    zombiebait wrote: »
    They could not tell me what I was overcharged for and I went it 3 times, it just did not add up it was surplus money added on. The lady on the phone admitted they knew this was happening
    If this was happening wide-scale, surely there would more than one post about it?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If this was happening wide-scale, surely there would more than one post about it?

That's the thing about huge corporation fraud.

Everyone's too polite to say anything, apparently...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback