Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • byronwells
    • By byronwells 21st Oct 19, 4:52 PM
    • 99Posts
    • 5Thanks
    byronwells
    Quotation Search - (Associate Link Search) Question??
    • 21st Oct 19, 4:52 PM
    Quotation Search - (Associate Link Search) Question?? 21st Oct 19 at 4:52 PM
    I am not sure if I have put this one in the right forum section so my bad...

I have just checked Credit Karma for my credit report and have just noticed under search history that there has been two new searches on the 09/09/19 for loan companies.. However I have not lived at that address for five years and it was a private rent property..

How do I stop these going through if they are going through?? Because they have nothing to do with... I am trying to look under that section to dispute them
Page 1
    • Terry Towelling
    • By Terry Towelling 22nd Oct 19, 9:20 PM
    • 2,092 Posts
    • 1,742 Thanks
    Terry Towelling
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:20 PM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:20 PM
    If someone is applying for credit in your name but at an address where you are not registered and haven't lived for years, that might mean they have filled in marketing mailshots sent to you at your old address. I would expect the loan companies to have declined the requests when they did their subsequent credit checks and found you didn't live at that address. Are you actually on the Electoral Register at your current address?

Try contacting the companies and ask them about it. You can also alter your marketing preferences with the loan companies when you call them to stop them sending you any more mail offers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

739Posts Today

6,803Users online

Martin's Twitter