Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shamgirl
    • By shamgirl 21st Oct 19, 1:39 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    shamgirl
    Spelling error on CCJ is my claim ruined?
    • 21st Oct 19, 1:39 PM
    Spelling error on CCJ is my claim ruined? 21st Oct 19 at 1:39 PM
    Hello,
    My former commercial Landlord refused to give my deposit back, for no reason. He initially said the previous landlord had to money. and I had to chase the former landlord for evidence to proved the deposits were transferred over. in which he did thankfully.

I have no idea why my landlord lied or refused to communicate with me, once I vacated the building. We had a good relationship until I handed in my notice and requested my deposit money back. it makes no sense.

I sought legal advice and was informed to file with the county court, which I did. again he ignored the letters from the court, until the last minute and requested an extension.

I waited for progress and again nothing happened. I filed for the court to place enforcement proceedings, and a letter appeared this am from my former landlord saying, I've spelt his company name incorrectly, (one letter is incorrect), but both names of the directors are spelt correctly. former landlord, says therefore the claim has been served incorrectly, and advising me to refile.

He's playing games, yet I'm unsure of my position here. any advice really welcome. I have never done this before and work as a therapist and find the whole game he's playing deeply uncomfortable.

Many thanks in advance
    Alexia
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 21st Oct 19, 1:53 PM
    • 18,632 Posts
    • 17,548 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 21st Oct 19, 1:53 PM
    • 21st Oct 19, 1:53 PM
    Hi,

Try posting on legal beagles, its more legally orientated than this forum :

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/forum/legal-forums/court-claims-and-issues
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,283Posts Today

8,336Users online

Martin's Twitter