Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sbk1
    • By sbk1 18th Oct 19, 10:13 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 1Thanks
    sbk1
    Calling Customers of DAS UK Legal Expenses Insurance
    • 18th Oct 19, 10:13 PM
    Calling Customers of DAS UK Legal Expenses Insurance 18th Oct 19 at 10:13 PM
    Hello

Has anyone had a negative or positive experience with DAS?

They have put me and other customers through hell. The company aims to pay out nothing. They use every dirty trick to make you give up or pay yourself.

These policies are sold as an add on to home insurance. DAS takes in 100 million pounds per year from our premiums. But its profit is 110 million. How can that be??

DAS only pay out on 4% of claims they don't pay out 96% of the time. But they do claim tax perks of 10 million.

So whilst DAS puts customers through hell for the sake of a few thousand pounds, while they rake in millions.

DAS do not honour their own terms and conditions, as a matter of course. Customers find it really hard to hold them to account.

This is potentially a miss selling scandal to eclipse all others. We are gathering evidence in order to change the law. The public is being blatantly conned and action needs to be taken urgently.

Please message me if you have had good or bad experiences.

Thank you
Page 2
    • sbk1
    • By sbk1 19th Oct 19, 5:23 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sbk1
    ''Not really. You can't force someone to accept your version of ADR.''

I have no idea what you mean by this.

The option of independent arbitrator is in their terms of business.
    • sbk1
    • By sbk1 19th Oct 19, 5:31 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sbk1
    You really have a lot of spare time, business must be very good.

Have you had a claim with DAS? That's what my post was about.

Do you feel a need to write essays because you sell DAS policies? Or is it to throw people off trying to read the thread?

Your help wasn't asked for and neither are your assumptions about my case. As inflated an opinion brokers have off themselves, no one else does.
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 19th Oct 19, 6:07 PM
    • 1,288 Posts
    • 775 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    You really have a lot of spare time, business must be very good.

Have you had a claim with DAS? That's what my post was about.

Do you feel a need to write essays because you sell DAS policies? Or is it to throw people off trying to read the thread?

Your help wasn't asked for and neither are your assumptions about my case. As inflated an opinion brokers have off themselves, no one else does.
    Originally posted by sbk1
    Assuming you're referring to the helpful and detailed posts by PrivateClients, if they are a Lloyds broker I doubt they work Saturdays.

The fact they have given up their Saturday to type up useful, and detailed posts to you, seems to have gone over your head.

Your condescending tone and brush off of a respected poster because they are posting helpful advice and not advise you want to hear, makes you appear like you just want to hear what you want, not objective advice and offers to help. If you just want sympathy, try mumsnet.

Given your pig ignorant claim that "DAS pay out on just 4% of claims as their COR is 96%" shows your ignorance of the insurance market. You should thanks the poster for schooling you, rather than throwing your toys out the pram.
    • sbk1
    • By sbk1 19th Oct 19, 8:45 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sbk1
    Assuming you're referring to the helpful and detailed posts by PrivateClients, if they are a Lloyds broker I doubt they work Saturdays.

The fact they have given up their Saturday to type up useful, and detailed posts to you, seems to have gone over your head.

Your condescending tone and brush off of a respected poster because they are posting helpful advice and not advise you want to hear, makes you appear like you just want to hear what you want, not objective advice and offers to help. If you just want sympathy, try mumsnet.

Given your pig ignorant claim that "DAS pay out on just 4% of claims as their COR is 96%" shows your ignorance of the insurance market. You should thanks the poster for schooling you, rather than throwing your toys out the pram.
    Originally posted by paddyandstumpy
    What patronising hogwash. You all go on about helping so much. Did I ask for your help? No! Why are you being oh so helpful then?? Could it be this is your job? To surf the web and troll with your misinformation and propaganda? Hell the insurance companies are very rich with our money, enough to waste on activities like that.

Why the burning need to tell us how helpful you all are? Shouldn't that be for us ignorant folk to decide? Funny how my questions aren't answered but lots of cut and paste nonsense posted. Have one truth backed with lots of half truths and lies.

Do me a favour stay off this post. If you haven't been a DAS customer there is no reason for you to post, no one wants your ''help''.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 20th Oct 19, 12:08 AM
    • 16,900 Posts
    • 23,893 Thanks
    antrobus
    ''Not really. You can't force someone to accept your version of ADR.''

I have no idea what you mean by this.

The option of independent arbitrator is in their terms of business.
    ADR = alternative dispute resolution.

You have no option to insist on an 'independent arbitrator' as your choice of ADR in your dispute with DAS, particularly where Parliament has set out a perfectly acceptable alternative dispute resolution scheme in the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000; i.e. the FOS.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 20th Oct 19, 12:14 AM
    • 16,900 Posts
    • 23,893 Thanks
    antrobus
    IMPORTANT! This is an open forum - anyone can post.
    • sbk1
    • By sbk1 20th Oct 19, 12:39 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sbk1
    ADR = alternative dispute resolution.

You have no option to insist on an 'independent arbitrator' as your choice of ADR in your dispute with DAS, particularly where Parliament has set out a perfectly acceptable alternative dispute resolution scheme in the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000; i.e. the FOS.
    Originally posted by antrobus
    You are wrong, and you probably know that.
    • sbk1
    • By sbk1 20th Oct 19, 12:40 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sbk1
    IMPORTANT! This is an open forum - anyone can post.
    Originally posted by antrobus
    Well you keep doing so, an unwanted troll, with nothing useful to contribute. Disgusting.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 20th Oct 19, 12:49 AM
    • 16,900 Posts
    • 23,893 Thanks
    antrobus
    You are wrong, and you probably know that.
    No I'm right, the FOS says this;

We are a statutory dispute resolution scheme set up under Part XVI and Schedule 17 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (as amended).

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/who-we-are/governance-funding

Well you keep doing so, an unwanted troll, with nothing useful to contribute. Disgusting.
    You can be as abusive as you like, it's not going to get you anywhere.
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 20th Oct 19, 6:35 AM
    • 1,288 Posts
    • 775 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    What patronising hogwash. You all go on about helping so much. Did I ask for your help? No! Why are you being oh so helpful then?? Could it be this is your job? To surf the web and troll with your misinformation and propaganda? ...
    Ironically the only one giving misinformation and propaganda is you:

"110m profit due to creative accounting"

"only 4% of claims paid due to a 96% COR".

The sort of sensationalist, completely incorrect headlines I'd expect from a red top paper!

Do me a favour stay off this post. If you haven't been a DAS customer there is no reason for you to post, no one wants your ''help''.
    Sorry mate, it's an open forum and anyone who wants to can post. Including me!

Oh, regardless, I have been a DAS customer in the past, which (by your own standard) "qualifies" me to post.
    • sbk1
    • By sbk1 20th Oct 19, 1:30 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sbk1
    Ironically the only one giving misinformation and propaganda is you:

"110m profit due to creative accounting"

"only 4% of claims paid due to a 96% COR".

The sort of sensationalist, completely incorrect headlines I'd expect from a red top paper!

Sorry mate, it's an open forum and anyone who wants to can post. Including me!

Oh, regardless, I have been a DAS customer in the past, which (by your own standard) "qualifies" me to post.
    Originally posted by paddyandstumpy
    Yes keep posting, its your job after all.

Oh and don't forget to remind everyone how 'helpful' you are. I'm sure you won't.
    • FlameCloud
    • By FlameCloud 21st Oct 19, 9:45 AM
    • 1,867 Posts
    • 920 Thanks
    FlameCloud
    With such well reasoned arguments as you have put forwards I have no idea how you managed to lose your case that DAS presumably handled in some fashion.
    • sbk1
    • By sbk1 21st Oct 19, 2:01 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sbk1
    Hallelujah MSE's omniscient Lord has spoken. Just not hot on English grammar.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 21st Oct 19, 4:20 PM
    • 50,153 Posts
    • 62,535 Thanks
    G_M
    If you buy Start Rescue breakdown cover, you get 100,000 legal cover included. As the Start premiums are lower than the main big 4, and comparable with the more competitive alternatives it's worth considering.

Start came 7th of 25 companies reviewed in 2019 by https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/driver-power/92413/best-breakdown-cover-2019

But yes, the legal cover is provided by DAS so I guess the same claims issues arise - I've never had to claim. But rather than pay 30 add-on for legal cover I'd rather get it free!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,695Posts Today

7,671Users online

Martin's Twitter