Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rosey-789
    • By rosey-789 18th Oct 19, 9:09 PM
    • 29Posts
    • 2Thanks
    rosey-789
    Advice needed on rent
    • 18th Oct 19, 9:09 PM
    Advice needed on rent 18th Oct 19 at 9:09 PM
    We are mixed age couple. I have been told by the council and welfare rights again because I receive 64. and my partner 168 state pension we aren't entitled to help with the rent and that I would have to pay from the carers 79 per week rent payments and that we couldn't claim universal credit as they would also tell us we aren't entitled. I'm at my wits end as by the time we pay full rent and council tax along with bills and food we aren't going to manage. My partner is on pip and gets high rate for mobility and middle care.
Page 3
    • rosey-789
    • By rosey-789 19th Oct 19, 8:45 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    rosey-789
    That's great thank you. I'll go get it sorted Monday and let you all know how it went.
    • rosey-789
    • By rosey-789 4th Nov 19, 10:54 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    rosey-789
    Just an update. We both had our appointments today at job centre. I don't have to see them anymore just keep checking the journal but my partner has to go back on the 6th with his state pension letter as nothing is showing up about his state pension at moment. His retirement date is the 5th Nov so wondering if it will show then. The 2 people we seen were lovely and very polite and mentioned some carers element but I don't think we'll get that because of my partners pension but hope we get some help towards the rent.
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 4th Nov 19, 11:11 PM
    • 3,828 Posts
    • 2,579 Thanks
    calcotti
    .... mentioned some carers element but I don't think we'll get that because of my partners pension but hope we get some help towards the rent.
    Originally posted by rosey-789
    As previously advised, because you get Carer's Allowance the carer element will therefore be included in the calculation of the maximum UC entitlement. The actual amount payable will be reduced by the Carer's Allowance you receive and by your partner's pension. See post #4.

Hopefully your husband's LCWRA will also get transferred across from the ESA Support Group. Sometimes this doesn't happen immediately because of the DWP processes involved.
    Last edited by calcotti; 04-11-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    • rosey-789
    • By rosey-789 4th Nov 19, 11:13 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    rosey-789
    They said he wouldn't need even a fit note as he wouldn't of been expected to work due to his health problems and him reaching state pension. We'll see what happens Thursday anyway but thank you for all your help.
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 4th Nov 19, 11:14 PM
    • 3,828 Posts
    • 2,579 Thanks
    calcotti
    They said he wouldn't need one according to the guy we seen as he wouldn't of been expected to work due to his health problems and him reaching state pension.
    Originally posted by rosey-789
    That was a quick response - sorry I was deleting the comment about Fit Notes as you posted. I remembered that your husband was already in the ESA Support Group just after I'd posted.
    Last edited by calcotti; 04-11-2019 at 11:19 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

595Posts Today

6,204Users online

Martin's Twitter