Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • harrassed granny
    • By harrassed granny 17th Oct 19, 3:01 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 4Thanks
    harrassed granny
    Credit card application but no Utility bills in my name?
    • 17th Oct 19, 3:01 PM
    Credit card application but no Utility bills in my name? 17th Oct 19 at 3:01 PM
    Any advice please ? A family member has applied for a credit card and been accepted but needs 2 forms of ID, he has his driving licence but lives with his parents so does not have a utility bill in his name. What should he do please? Thank you
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 17th Oct 19, 3:04 PM
    • 24,060 Posts
    • 26,773 Thanks
    zx81
    • 17th Oct 19, 3:04 PM
    • 17th Oct 19, 3:04 PM
    Birth certificate, passport, mobile bill, bank account?
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 17th Oct 19, 3:12 PM
    • 4,591 Posts
    • 4,141 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 17th Oct 19, 3:12 PM
    • 17th Oct 19, 3:12 PM
    Every bank has a written list of documents they accept to firstly confirm ID and secondly to confirm address. You didn't state which card issuer it is, but why don't you ring them or check their website for details?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 27th Oct 19, 2:47 AM
    • 3,910 Posts
    • 2,894 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    • 27th Oct 19, 2:47 AM
    • 27th Oct 19, 2:47 AM
    Any advice please ? A family member has applied for a credit card and been accepted but needs 2 forms of ID, he has his driving licence but lives with his parents so does not have a utility bill in his name. What should he do please?
    Originally posted by harrassed granny
    Bank statement?
    • gionnetto
    • By gionnetto 10th Nov 19, 12:41 PM
    • 211 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    gionnetto
    • 10th Nov 19, 12:41 PM
    • 10th Nov 19, 12:41 PM
    Passport or electoral roll card are good. Or, birth certificate. Bank statements and utility bills are proof of address.
    Your cholesterol levels are not seen, or used, by your heart and arteries, so ignore it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,139Posts Today

10,578Users online

Martin's Twitter