Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • United_
    • By United_ 16th Oct 19, 1:40 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    United_
    Hi i need a bit of help with a dro
    • 16th Oct 19, 1:40 PM
    Hi i need a bit of help with a dro 16th Oct 19 at 1:40 PM
    Hi there, basically I am in process of setting up a dro with stepchange they have worked out my budget etc. I have filled in the application forms and am going to send it all in today but I have been reading a few people saying different things go and jus need someone to clear things up for me.

So I have cresit cards that are maxed out or near enough and basically when I get paid I am putting my money into the credit cards to try meet the minium payment but as soon as my money clears on the ccs I spend it on my everyday expenses etc food petrol

Will this be a problem should I not of paid the credit card company's and just kept the cash and spent cash.

Basically just need to know as its so stressful
    Situations basically I am now not even able to meet the mi.I'm payments due to high interest rates etc so I don't know where I go from here

Things all fell apart when I split from my gf as then I had extra cash but now I don't

Will this make my dro get rejected do you think?
Page 1
    • foxy-stoat
    • By foxy-stoat 16th Oct 19, 2:39 PM
    • 5,275 Posts
    • 3,176 Thanks
    foxy-stoat
    • 16th Oct 19, 2:39 PM
    • 16th Oct 19, 2:39 PM
    I dont think splitting from your partner will effect the DRO. I would stop making payments for a few months and build up some cash to help you with your bills and the fact that you will have no credit.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th Oct 19, 7:44 PM
    • 18,637 Posts
    • 17,553 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 17th Oct 19, 7:44 PM
    • 17th Oct 19, 7:44 PM
    You should not be paying any credit bills if you are entering insolvency, its just wasted money and could be constrewed as preferential treatment this close to entering a DRO.

Save some cash (you can have up to 1000 in cash/assets) the next 12 months will learn you to budget correctly (hopefully).
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

302Posts Today

4,492Users online

Martin's Twitter