Physio

I need some physio on my back. I find NHS physio so over stretched and under funded, I am thinking of going private. I don't have any medical insurance I can claim the cost back from.

Having a quick look around, it' looks like I'll be charged between £55-60 for an initial consultation and then £40-50 for appointments thereafter. Does anyone know of any way of making it cheaper? Probably not but I thought it was worth an ask!

Thanks

Comments

• Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    The best way to make it cheaper is to make sure you listen to what you're being told to do yourself by the Physio, and make sure you do it!

Getting things right is more about you following the exercises at home to strengthen and support things than what the Physio actually does to you at the appointments.

Follow the program well, and you will need less appointments = cheaper!

Good luck with it.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • halogen
    halogen Posts: 426 Forumite
    My NHS physios were amazing when I was there but I found it very difficult/impossible to do the exercises at home as I didn't have the equipment. Also opening hours....Work... Felt really bad taking 2 hours off work every week to get there, have apt and get back, that would be the main advantage of going private for me.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Have you asked if the rates would be cheaper by block booking and paying in advance.

I did that with a chiropractor once and saved quite a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure