When to book holiday abroad for 2020?

Hi all

We're looking at booking a 7 night family holiday to Majorca in June 2020 but are not sure when is the best time to book. Since the Thomas Cook collapse prices have gone up by around £300-400. Is it best to book now in case prices continue to go up or is it best to wait until later in the year when prices may begin to settle?

We would be grateful for any advice or suggestions.
many thanks
Stuart

Comments

• stephb34
    stephb34 Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'd hang fire. Hays travel are reopening all the Thomas Cook shops asap. People are rushing to rebook so the prices have risen.
    January is when travel agents have all their offers on for the summer, but you could look in December as its quiet in travel because everyone is busy with Christmas shopping.
    Have a look now so you have some idea and keep an eye on the price.
  • I would book independently and get good travel insurance with End Supplier Failure included. Try https://www.stayforlong.co.uk their prices for Spain are normally the best. Then choose Easyjet or Ryanair to get you there, the earlier you book the better normally.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    If there was an easy answer to that question everybody would do the same thing. All I can say is that one holiday I was looking at went up about £100 per person after the TC crash and has since dropped back by about £50 per person.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure