Missed deadline :(

Hi, just looking for some advice...

My workplace is shutting down on a known date next year, options are redundancy or redeployment to another base in the UK (hundreds of miles away, so not an option for me).

We were told a small number of staff could take early redundancy at a certain date and still get the redundancy pay. This date has now passed and the uptake was less than what they expected.

In the meantime since the initial announcement of the place shutting I have been applying for jobs.

I was told I was successful 3 days after the deadline to let the company know if I wanted to be one of the 'early leavers'.

Is there anything I can do to leave with my redundancy package or is this just a case of tough luck?

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    was told I was successful 3 days after the deadline to let the company know if I wanted to be one of the 'early leavers'.

Is there anything I can do to leave with my redundancy package or is this just a case of tough luck?

have you asked your employer if there is any extension possibility to the deadline?
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    If they are a decent employer ask.

if they may try to get out of redundancy do not give any hint you have another job.

Have you been given notice of termination as there are option using counter notice but the may not apply to your situation.

Most people know how accommodating their employer is and how they may deal with you.
    Do they need you to facilitate the shutdown or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure