Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 7th Oct 19, 2:21 PM
    • 62,855Posts
    • 45,249Thanks
    soolin
    0 WOW
    Spend any Pizza Express gift card
    • 7th Oct 19, 2:21 PM
    0 WOW
    Spend any Pizza Express gift card 7th Oct 19 at 2:21 PM
    Just in case anyone has any Pizza Express vouchers or gift cards , make sure you Spend them just in case.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1187474/Pizza-Express-latest-collapse-Pizza-Express-debt-latest-UK-restaurant-chain

Hopefully they can be saved as I have had some excellent meals and service from various of their restaurants. I feel sorry for their staff who are facing an uncertain future.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 1
    • lindens
    • By lindens 7th Oct 19, 2:22 PM
    • 2,546 Posts
    • 7,276 Thanks
    lindens
    • 7th Oct 19, 2:22 PM
    • 7th Oct 19, 2:22 PM
    they're the only company who makes decent gluten free pizza
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 7th Oct 19, 9:25 PM
    • 35,275 Posts
    • 22,259 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 7th Oct 19, 9:25 PM
    • 7th Oct 19, 9:25 PM
    The BBC article says different.

Depends who you believe.

According to the Express link each restaurant has 1.6m of debt which I find hard to believe unless Ive read it wrong.
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 8th Oct 19, 2:41 AM
    • 2,851 Posts
    • 2,191 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 8th Oct 19, 2:41 AM
    • 8th Oct 19, 2:41 AM
    The BBC article says different.

Depends who you believe.

According to the Express link each restaurant has 1.6m of debt which I find hard to believe unless Ive read it wrong.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    1.1bn (for the entire chain) over 450-470 restaurants is actually more than that.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 8th Oct 19, 8:05 AM
    • 62,855 Posts
    • 45,249 Thanks
    soolin
    • 8th Oct 19, 8:05 AM
    • 8th Oct 19, 8:05 AM
    they're the only company who makes decent gluten free pizza
    Originally posted by lindens
    They are certainly the best GF ones (coeliac here as well)! They were always so helpful with the special deals as well, always happy to substitute something GF for one of the courses even if it wasn't technically included in the offer.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 8th Oct 19, 8:28 AM
    • 35,275 Posts
    • 22,259 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 8th Oct 19, 8:28 AM
    • 8th Oct 19, 8:28 AM
    1.1bn (for the entire chain) over 450-470 restaurants is actually more than that.
    Originally posted by boo_star

Just saying what was in the DE article.

I'm not surprised they are in trouble.
    • lindens
    • By lindens 10th Oct 19, 9:15 AM
    • 2,546 Posts
    • 7,276 Thanks
    lindens
    • 10th Oct 19, 9:15 AM
    • 10th Oct 19, 9:15 AM
    They are certainly the best GF ones (coeliac here as well)! They were always so helpful with the special deals as well, always happy to substitute something GF for one of the courses even if it wasn't technically included in the offer.
    Originally posted by soolin
    Maybe they can make a few million selling their decent recipe to Dominos, whose GF pizza resembles a rich tea biscuit
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 19th Oct 19, 11:55 AM
    • 20,591 Posts
    • 34,448 Thanks
    Spendless
    • 19th Oct 19, 11:55 AM
    • 19th Oct 19, 11:55 AM
    My friend worked for them years ago. She says whether it was a good place to eat or not, was entirely down to who the chef was.

My daughter's birthday this year fell on Mother's day. Having left it too late to book anywhere for a joint celebration, we got in at Pizza Express, which had plenty of space. There was a reason for this!
    • mimi1234
    • By mimi1234 19th Oct 19, 12:36 PM
    • 7,496 Posts
    • 65,058 Thanks
    mimi1234
    • 19th Oct 19, 12:36 PM
    • 19th Oct 19, 12:36 PM
    I've heard that they are on the brink too which is a shame. It has gone downhill in my opinion but used to be a fine dining experience back in the late 90's / early 00's.

MOD Pizza do a really nice gluten free base too. Not sure if you have one near you but check it out if you do. They have one in Leeds and it is ALWAYS heaving.
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 20th Oct 19, 4:16 AM
    • 2,851 Posts
    • 2,191 Thanks
    boo_star
    I've heard that they are on the brink too which is a shame. It has gone downhill in my opinion but used to be a fine dining experience back in the late 90's / early 00's.

MOD Pizza do a really nice gluten free base too. Not sure if you have one near you but check it out if you do. They have one in Leeds and it is ALWAYS heaving.
    Originally posted by mimi1234
    Presumably "fine" meaning "acceptable."

I certainly wouldn't call Pizza Express "fine dining!"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

51Posts Today

3,712Users online

Martin's Twitter