Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eastender
    • By Eastender 3rd Oct 19, 4:14 PM
    • 130Posts
    • 16Thanks
    Eastender
    Getting TFL Online refund - Service Delays?
    • 3rd Oct 19, 4:14 PM
    Getting TFL Online refund - Service Delays? 3rd Oct 19 at 4:14 PM
    Hi Folks,

Trying to get contactless card refund on TFL website, is a nightmare.

The delay was 18 minutes but when completing it online it keeps throwing me back on this field. It has to be more than 15 minutes.

Roughly, how many minutes was your journey delayed for? it says below the field, please enter a valid length of delay. So I've tried '18 minutes' 'eighteen minutes' or even 'eighteen minutes from this station'. It won't accept any of it! This is the only field it fails me. Does anyone know what format to write?

Then called the helpline number, and you guess it, it took ages for someone to answer.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 3rd Oct 19, 8:58 PM
    • 18,481 Posts
    • 22,841 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 3rd Oct 19, 8:58 PM
    • 3rd Oct 19, 8:58 PM
    Then called the helpline number, and you guess it, it took ages for someone to answer.
    Originally posted by Eastender
    And when they did answer, what did they say?
    • Eastender
    • By Eastender 6th Oct 19, 10:26 AM
    • 130 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Eastender
    • 6th Oct 19, 10:26 AM
    • 6th Oct 19, 10:26 AM
    Sorry misworded, no one answered as I hang up.
    • Jumblebumble
    • By Jumblebumble 16th Oct 19, 3:27 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    Jumblebumble
    • 16th Oct 19, 3:27 PM
    • 16th Oct 19, 3:27 PM
    Hi Folks,

Trying to get contactless card refund on TFL website, is a nightmare.

The delay was 18 minutes but when completing it online it keeps throwing me back on this field. It has to be more than 15 minutes.

Roughly, how many minutes was your journey delayed for? it says below the field, please enter a valid length of delay. So I've tried '18 minutes' 'eighteen minutes' or even 'eighteen minutes from this station'. It won't accept any of it! This is the only field it fails me. Does anyone know what format to write?

Originally posted by Eastender
    Try 18
    In general if something asks "how many minutes?" then the answer is likely to to be numeric as adding the word minutes is redundant
    • Kingsd316
    • By Kingsd316 16th Oct 19, 5:11 PM
    • 1,361 Posts
    • 614 Thanks
    Kingsd316
    • 16th Oct 19, 5:11 PM
    • 16th Oct 19, 5:11 PM
    Try 18
    In general if something asks "how many minutes?" then the answer is likely to to be numeric as adding the word minutes is redundant
    Originally posted by Jumblebumble

This, its just 18, use it all the time, usually takes about 3-4 days for the email confirming if it was successful
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,378Posts Today

8,268Users online

Martin's Twitter