IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPM & Gladstone’s LBCCC

Hi all, I’ll try and give as much back story to this as possible to hopefully get some advice.

In October 2018, I received a letter on my windshield under my wiper saying that I had been fined £100 for parking in a bay without a permit. I was parked next to student accommodation, and was told that if the student accommodation didn’t have any spaces left, then I can find some spaces at the other place, where I ended up getting the ticket.

I accepted the fact that I didn’t have a permit, and after a month, received two parking tickets instead (I had parked there multiple times before I had received the windshield letter). I paid off both of these tickets, which is clearly my mistake, and then a month later I received another ticket in the post. This ticket was already past the reduced 14 day price, and I decided I was going to fight it instead.

I received numerous debt collector letters which I ignored and I read the sticky newbies thread for advice and followed it.

I then received nothing until around July, where Gladstone’s sent me a letter before county court claim and I responded saying that it was not in accordance with the pre action conduct protocol, or whatever the actual name is as I cant remember specifically. They responded as expected, by saying it was in accordance, but also attached the evidence that they have against me which they didn’t include the first time.

Overall, I’m happy to fight this at court but if there’s anything else I can do to make them drop the case then the advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
The place itself has one sign far away from where I parked, which may help if this goes to court.

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    welcome to the forum ....

you will need to have a good read up on post #2 of the newbies thread ..

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

what was the date of the LBC

Ralph:cool:
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sounds like the incompetent Gladstones ....

"we did comply to the PaP, whoops here is the proof we forgot":rotfl:

Has Gladstones added a fake £60 hoping you did not notice ?

ABUSE OF PROCESS SAY THE COURTS

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081
  • Hi, sorry for the late reply. The LBC has been put on hold as Gladstones have sent correspondence (basically the SAR request) and I am due to reply to them in the coming days.
  • Yes, the total requested has increased to £160. Is the abuse of process something I should mention to Gladstones themselves to encourage them to drop the case or should I save it for the legal proceedings?
  • beamerguy
    Yes, the total requested has increased to £160. Is the abuse of process something I should mention to Gladstones themselves to encourage them to drop the case or should I save it for the legal proceedings?

YES, it's abuse of process and you should read and copy coupon-mad's text at post #14
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081

You could always ask Gladstones on what authority they have to add the £60 given the Supreme Court case and POFA2012

From what we have seen so far they have many excuses
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Do what you like, Gs will ignore it anyway.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Do what you like, Gs will ignore it anyway.

That's what we want C-m
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    In October 2018, I received a letter on my windshield under my wiper saying that I had been fined £100

These are not fines. They are invoices from ex clampers seeking damages for the harm that they allege you have inflicted onj them. You do not owe them a penny unless a judge says so.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nine times out of ten of these tickets are scams so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra work.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    [/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Just as I was starting to think that Gladstones were going to drop the case, another LBCCC. Do I have a legal foot to stand on here and is it worth going to County Court?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Is it for the same case?  Are the reference numbers the same?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure