Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • quirkydeptless
    • By quirkydeptless 1st Oct 19, 5:47 AM
    • 374Posts
    • 397Thanks
    quirkydeptless
    £125 Lloyds Switch Offer 1 October to 12 November 2019
    • 1st Oct 19, 5:47 AM
    £125 Lloyds Switch Offer 1 October to 12 November 2019 1st Oct 19 at 5:47 AM
    https://www.lloydsbank.com/current-accounts/all-accounts/club-lloyds.asp

Not seen one from Lloyds before.

It's a tight offer window, and Today is the day the interest rate dropped
    Last edited by quirkydeptless; 05-11-2019 at 7:18 PM.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
Page 2
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 1st Oct 19, 1:31 PM
    • 2,540 Posts
    • 1,265 Thanks
    soulsaver
    I'm not sure if that will work as I downgraded my existing account from Club Lloyds to Classic, then reapplied for a Club Lloyds account and during the application process it said I can't open more than 1 account within a 30 day period.

I'm guessing downgrading/upgrading an account is classed as opening a new account.
    Originally posted by chris1984
    It can't be a simple rule as I just downgraded sole and joint Clubs to Classics to avoid the monthly £1500s & DDs when shifting the 1.2% £5ks out.

I'll find out soon enough 'cos I'll try opening a new club in the light of the switching bonus... although I may get declined for other reasons being persona non grata with Lloyds.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 1st Oct 19, 1:37 PM
    • 2,540 Posts
    • 1,265 Thanks
    soulsaver
    Savings accounts: yes, but I doubt you can close current accounts. Easiest to close a current account w/o getting hassled is to switch them away. If you switch your account(s) today, it will all be done in 10-14 days from now, leaving you plenty of time to apply for a CL under the offer.
    Originally posted by colsten
    You're right, I just made an (anonymous) enquiry. The CS also confirmed that she 'believed' (no briefing note) that it has to be a newly opened ac - not an upgrade.

I did ask her to clarify with someone as when you're on the 'bonus' page the first option you come to is the apply for an upgrade - which would 'surely' imply that would be acceptable - it's only if you read further do you come to the term 'must have been opened Oct 1 or later'.

She was '..but you can apply for a new Club to be sure anyhow?'
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 1st Oct 19, 2:05 PM
    • 1,878 Posts
    • 1,395 Thanks
    18cc
    Re 30-day period well luckily there are more than 30 days between downgrading today 1st of October and the offer ending 5th November!
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 1st Oct 19, 3:10 PM
    • 7,929 Posts
    • 9,935 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    I considered doing that myself briefly but decided against it as I have a Club Lloyds Monthly Saver that I don't want to jeopardise.

After Santander RAF, I ended up with no Lloyds current accounts have kept Club Monthly Saver going by sending money to existing Easy Saver account and transferring it to .....,,,, every month
    • youngretired
    • By youngretired 1st Oct 19, 4:35 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    youngretired
    I and my husband closed our sole accounts earlier in the year. We have both tried to open new sole accounts and when in your online account it doesn't give you the option to open a Club Lloyds and states you can only have 1 sole and 1 joint, as if the system still thinks we each hold a sole account.

My husband finally managed to apply after trying with 2 devices, 2 browsers and 3 live chats only to find at the end it states that "you already have this type of account". So it would appear that either Lloyd's system does not recognize that the accounts were closed or they didn't close them properly when the accounts were switched away.

I've now got to ring them and find out what has happened.
    • ronbell101
    • By ronbell101 1st Oct 19, 5:00 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    ronbell101
    i have 2 x classics which I never use asked through the online chat can I open a 3rd and still qualify and she said yes
    tried an online application and got the message "something went wrong" !
    • ST-User
    • By ST-User 1st Oct 19, 5:29 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    ST-User
    Our two CL sole accounts just have been downgraded to Classic.
    However, if I try to open a new account, it offers only Classic, Platinum and Student.
    Will try it later, hopefully only a couple of days, worst case 30 days.
    • bhjm
    • By bhjm 1st Oct 19, 5:35 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    bhjm
    I was wondering the same. Nothing in the T&C's, so I would assume you could close it straight away (as you're meant to receive the reward when the switch completes).

But you know, this offer is meant to bring new customers that stay. /s
    Originally posted by trient
    it states
    The offer will be paid directly into your account by the time your switch has completed and will appear as a cash credit. The offer is not available to employees of Lloyds Banking Group, or if the employee is named on any bank account held in joint names.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 1st Oct 19, 5:52 PM
    • 11,167 Posts
    • 10,440 Thanks
    colsten
    Our two CL sole accounts just have been downgraded to Classic.
    However, if I try to open a new account, it offers only Classic, Platinum and Student.
    Will try it later, hopefully only a couple of days, worst case 30 days.
    Originally posted by ST-User
    Did you do try the application whilst logged into your online banking? I seem to remember from the Lloyds Vantage times that the only way to open additional ones was to apply for them when not logged in. Worth a try? Use exactly the same spelling for your name and address as you have on your existing account, so you don't end up with two separate online logins.
    • youngretired
    • By youngretired 1st Oct 19, 6:19 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    youngretired
    Lloyd's cannot explain why we can't open the accounts online as the only account showing in our online accounts is the joint. They apologized and said that it would have to be opened in branch.

I have done a complaint asking for it to be done without a branch visit or at least give the assurance that if we go into the branch, that the accounts will actually get opened and for the adviser to not have the same problem.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 1st Oct 19, 6:23 PM
    • 2,540 Posts
    • 1,265 Thanks
    soulsaver
    I've 'upgraded' a joint CL to a Classic. I've then opened a solo CL for my OH and switched in in the process... so half way there (hope).
    Last edited by soulsaver; 03-10-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    • ST-User
    • By ST-User 1st Oct 19, 6:29 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    ST-User
    Did you do try the application whilst logged into your online banking?
    Yes I was logged in. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow...
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 1st Oct 19, 6:39 PM
    • 1,878 Posts
    • 1,395 Thanks
    18cc
    I am an existing Lloyds customer albeit only with a savings account and internet banking credentials as I switched my account away a little while ago

when I appied for this offer I used the link at the top of this forum and when it asked if I was an existing customer I said no - it then allowed me to open the club Lloyds account and was clever enough to link it up with my savings account

I didn't do it by logging on
    • MDMD
    • By MDMD 1st Oct 19, 7:01 PM
    • 433 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    MDMD
    That’s annoying you can’t switch to existing ones as I’m going to have to
    - use up my cinema tickets
    - Hope lloyds don’t close my CL monthly saver
    - Switch the account away (probably to Barclays - luckily it has 2DDs on so will benefit from the Barclays promo too
    - Switch my old Santander account to lloyds
    - Rejig the DDs when appropriate
    - Apply for new cinema tickets (if the terms allow)
    • Over62
    • By Over62 1st Oct 19, 8:39 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Over62
    Branch visit needed
    Lloyd's cannot explain why we can't open the accounts online as the only account showing in our online accounts is the joint. They apologized and said that it would have to be opened in branch.

I have done a complaint asking for it to be done without a branch visit or at least give the assurance that if we go into the branch, that the accounts will actually get opened and for the adviser to not have the same problem.
    Originally posted by youngretired
    I have had the same problem. It asked me to log in so that I didn't need to fill in details they already knew, and then asked me to fill in details they already knew.

On Chat, I was told that I would have to go into branch to make sure I was eligible for the account. I've had the joint account for almost 50 years so you would think that if I wasn't eligible, they would have noticed by now. It is still my main hub account and my OH and I have regular savers, so I am reluctant to start messing about downgrading the account.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 1st Oct 19, 10:57 PM
    • 2,540 Posts
    • 1,265 Thanks
    soulsaver
    I've managed to close a joint CL and open same day solo CL for my OH and switch in in the process... so half way there (hope).
    Originally posted by soulsaver
    Sorry - I'll just correct this to be more precise as it may help:

I didn't close the joint CL, I 'upgraded' it on line to a joint Classic.
    Then I applied/opened a solo for my OH and in the process switched in.
    I don't remember if I was offered a choice of extras there & then, it did mention the extras in the process, maybe for choosing later.

I've edited the quoted post.
    • billy2shots
    • By billy2shots 2nd Oct 19, 6:54 AM
    • 349 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    billy2shots
    A quick question about the perks. How can you find out what magazine subscriptions are available. I don’t want to select that option then find out there is nothing I want.
    • Motormad
    • By Motormad 2nd Oct 19, 7:01 AM
    • 123 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Motormad
    A quick question about the perks. How can you find out what magazine subscriptions are available. I donít want to select that option then find out there is nothing I want.
    Originally posted by billy2shots
    Click on magazine subs and a list comes up,you can click on another choice of perk if you donít like what you see.
    • Zero Sum
    • By Zero Sum 2nd Oct 19, 8:44 AM
    • 1,372 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    Zero Sum
    Still not got round to moving my Tesco account to barclays. Think ill do lloyds instead.
    • keiran
    • By keiran 2nd Oct 19, 10:05 AM
    • 503 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    keiran
    Point to remember.

If you've given away/sold your Club Lloyds cinema tickets, think before closing your Club Lloyds in case you inconvenience the new ticket owners.
    Last edited by keiran; 07-10-2019 at 5:14 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

739Posts Today

6,803Users online

Martin's Twitter