Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sheagallagher12
    • By sheagallagher12 15th Sep 19, 8:04 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sheagallagher12
    going over 45mph with R plates in the republic of Ireland.
    • 15th Sep 19, 8:04 PM
    going over 45mph with R plates in the republic of Ireland. 15th Sep 19 at 8:04 PM
    I was travelling home from work yesterday, as I live in the north of Ireland but work in the south, I still have my R plates up on my car which means I have to drive at 45mph but was going at around 51/52, I was on a 60mph road as I approached a bend I seen a speed-camera van and as soon as I seen it I slowed down to 45 and continued, would anyone have any sort of idea of what points I could get for this although I did not break the speed limit by going over 100KM/60MPH, I went slightly over the 45 and it was in the south of Ireland but my car is registered to the north, any insight would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by sheagallagher12; 15-09-2019 at 8:07 PM.
Page 1
    • qwert yuiop
    • By qwert yuiop 15th Sep 19, 9:19 PM
    • 3,141 Posts
    • 2,256 Thanks
    qwert yuiop
    • 15th Sep 19, 9:19 PM
    • 15th Sep 19, 9:19 PM
    I was travelling home from work yesterday, as I live in the north of Ireland but work in the south, I still have my R plates up on my car which means I have to drive at 45mph but was going at around 51/52, I was on a 60mph road as I approached a bend I seen a speed-camera van and as soon as I seen it I slowed down to 45 and continued, would anyone have any sort of idea of what points I could get for this although I did not break the speed limit by going over 100KM/60MPH, I went slightly over the 45 and it was in the south of Ireland but my car is registered to the north, any insight would be much appreciated.
    Originally posted by sheagallagher12
    Forget about it. Your R plates, or their absence, are of no significance in the south. You didn’t break the speed limit.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,873Posts Today

7,188Users online

Martin's Twitter