Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Sep 19, 6:22 PM
    • 67,503Posts
    • 306,188Thanks
    beanielou
    Autumn Slimming World Support Thread 2019
    • 7th Sep 19, 6:22 PM
    Autumn Slimming World Support Thread 2019 7th Sep 19 at 6:22 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you, go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list; so that's pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra choice and one Healthy Extra choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14. MFW. 16 months to mortgage freedom.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
Page 2
    • sarymclary
    • By sarymclary 8th Sep 19, 2:12 PM
    • 3,023 Posts
    • 9,628 Thanks
    sarymclary
    Afternoon

Thanks for the new thread Beanie. Also thinking of our fellow friends who are having difficulties righ now, and unable to join in.

Have had another mega busy weekend. Moved 2 sheds, dismantled one, rebuilt another, painted it, dismantled a greenhouse and moving that & rebuilding it part way through at the mo. Just stopped for a tea break and bacon sarnie.

Pleased to report a 2.5lb loss last week, which was the 2lb gain from the week before plus 0.5lb extra for luck! That’s a massive loss for me - usually lucky to have 0.5-1lb. The extra physical work has definitely paid off.

Will catch up more later. Unsure of today’s plan as it will depend upon what time we finish working tonight.

Have a good Sunday
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
    • esmy
    • By esmy 8th Sep 19, 2:59 PM
    • 1,274 Posts
    • 5,522 Thanks
    esmy
    Hi all.

Today's Menu
    B Bran crunch (HEB) 0% yoghurt (P) backberries (S) honey (1)
    L HM Butternut squash soup (S and F) squash, onion, stock, a few red lentils to thicken and stock with a touch of curry powder, Tangerine (S) apple(S)
    D Slow cooked Beef stew - beef (P) carrots, onions , leeks and swede (all S) gravy from granules (1.5 for my portion) served with mash (F)

I've made a vat of the soup, some scotch eggs with Linda McCartney sausages and some bread so can leave the shopping till tomorrow.
    Meal plan done for the week so all I need to do is stick to it now!
    • Vegastare
    • By Vegastare 8th Sep 19, 3:29 PM
    • 304 Posts
    • 886 Thanks
    Vegastare
    Thanks for the new thread Beanie.....just to say I.m at target too!!!
    • maman
    • By maman 8th Sep 19, 3:58 PM
    • 20,903 Posts
    • 123,965 Thanks
    maman
    Well done on your loss sary You're certainly going mad with the Body Magic and it seems to be working.

If you made a 70g pizza base pollyanna then it would just be 1 syn over a HEB (60g =6 syns or a HEB ) or you could make it smaller. . If you made several in advance then you could freeze them for bunging in the oven on Fridays. I'm sure your girls would love making them with you.

I portioned up the braised red cabbage. We only have a large serving spoon each at a time so I made up 14 portions from the 1 cabbage, onions and apples. I used 4 small eating apples so the syns for cooked apple isn't worth worrying about.

D - SC chicken P; potatoes S; carrots S; peppers S; onions S; green beans S;
    Originally posted by joedenise
    I'm doing chicken in the SC for the first time today. Presumably I can thicken the juices to make the gravy? I always count HM gravy as 4 syns so I'll stick with that.

Today's EE plan :
    B:NAS grapefruit (free squash), HEB porage with HEA milk, skinny syrup, banana (F), strawberries and raspberries (S)
    L: ham, bacon(P) with fried mash (F) carrots, cabbage, beetroot (S)
    D: SC chicken (P) with SW roast potatoes (F), red and green cabbage, swede and carrot mash, cauli and broccoli (S)
    Syns: gravy 4, weekend wine
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 8th Sep 19, 4:34 PM
    • 7,170 Posts
    • 51,391 Thanks
    joedenise
    Yes Maman you can just thicken the juices with some cornflour. I always cook my chicken on 4 half onions so the juices collect at the bottom. I thicken the juices and chop the onion into it before thickening, while the chicken rests. I only have about 1 dessert spoonful of gravy so don't syn it. DH has most of it!

Still not got round to counting up my syns for the weekend!

Well done on your loss Sary that's a great loss.

Denise
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Sep 19, 4:54 PM
    • 56,802 Posts
    • 648,598 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Well done to the losers
    DIMW, lovely, bit of sun although its been nice here but my god was cold this morning just 5 degrees and we did a car boot!!
    Sary nice too "see" you
    Well today i have had

Berries (s) and greek yog (p)
    2 plums (s)

2 BLT eggs wraps (p & s), with cucumber and tom on the side

Tea i am having
    Roast chicken (p) cauli, broc, runner beans and carrots (s) 1 yorkie (2 syns) Gravy i don't count

Later
    Chopped fruit (s) and ice cream (p) as made with ff greek yog

Will post food pics later
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 1 1/2lb
    • maman
    • By maman 8th Sep 19, 5:30 PM
    • 20,903 Posts
    • 123,965 Thanks
    maman
    Yes Maman you can just thicken the juices with some cornflour. I always cook my chicken on 4 half onions so the juices collect at the bottom. I thicken the juices and chop the onion into it before thickening, while the chicken rests. I only have about 1 dessert spoonful of gravy so don't syn it. DH has most of it!

Still not got round to counting up my syns for the weekend!

Well done on your loss Sary that's a great loss.

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    Thanks Denise . I put a carrot, onion and some celery in the bottom so should taste good.

I'm counting my syns through the week and hoping what I have left will cover Thursday's meal. Haven't really got any plans to use any after today so should be OK. Unfortunately as sirens said something always seems to crop up so very few weeks are 'normal'.
    • pollyanna24
    • By pollyanna24 8th Sep 19, 5:43 PM
    • 4,194 Posts
    • 6,484 Thanks
    pollyanna24
    Thanks for the new thread Beanie

I have been a little way off this week, fish and chips on Friday as I was so late home I couldn't be bothered to cook (then wash up!) as I had work the next day to prepare for. Yesterday dh cooked chicken fajitas (pretty sure he doesn't use my spay oil!)
    Today is usually my cheat day where I use all my remaining syns left over and don't worry about counting. We are having a roast with the works and apple crumble (which is my favourite) so I think I'm going to draw a line and start a fresh next week, although I am at a funeral on Tuesday and a work course on Wednesday afternoon, so not a normal week again.
    Tete I think I will join you as I find something to aim at helps motivate me. I shall go with 10lb over the next 8 weeks and update my sig

Oh just a note on whoever was talking about tacos, pollyanna24 I think? My kids also love those so when I make them I make a portion of pasta for myself and mix my bit of mince in with a large helping of salad and sprinkle of cheese (hexa), very tasty.
    Originally posted by SIRENS
    Thanking you. I am undecided as to what to do yet. If a taco has 3.5 sysn and I normally have 2, then 7syns isn't the end of the world. But I think we are having it with rice as well, so I mightn't need the tacos.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2018) - £169,999.96
    (End 2019) - Target £160,000
    • pollyanna24
    • By pollyanna24 8th Sep 19, 5:50 PM
    • 4,194 Posts
    • 6,484 Thanks
    pollyanna24
    I have been to Aldi, yay!

Have bought a few things, but now thinking about it, not sure how SW friendly they are!

Two micro meals:-

SlimWell Meatballs and Pasta.
    I am having this for dinner as although I feel better than yesterday, can't face cooking. I have a few syns leftover and tomorrow is the start of a new week.

SlimWell Chicken Saag.

Rices:-
    Coconut Rice
    Bulgar Wheat Quinoa and Wholegrain
    Tilda Caribbean Rice and Peppers

They sound healthyish, but if I have my sensible head on, I can see that the best option would just to have plain boiled rice.

On the plus side, have made crustless quiche and my oat muffins are in the oven. Planning for the forthcoming week when I have to work 5 days, yawn.
    (End 2018) - £169,999.96
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Sep 19, 6:10 PM
    • 56,802 Posts
    • 648,598 Thanks
    bubbs
    Here you go Polyanna
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • maman
    • By maman 8th Sep 19, 6:16 PM
    • 20,903 Posts
    • 123,965 Thanks
    maman
    The Aldi bulgar wheat pouch is 3 syns and the Tilda is probably 5 (can only find one with peas). Is the coconut rice own brand?

Anyone heard from tweets lately? She usually drops by on a Sunday?
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Sep 19, 6:19 PM
    • 56,802 Posts
    • 648,598 Thanks
    bubbs
    The Aldi bulgar wheat pouch is 3 syns and the Tilda is probably 5 (can only find one with peas). Is the coconut rice own brand?

Originally posted by maman
    Yes she is fine, posts on the elite still, i will tell her you was asking about her
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Sep 19, 6:22 PM
    • 56,802 Posts
    • 648,598 Thanks
    bubbs
    BLT egg wrap

Roast
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Sep 19, 6:24 PM
    • 56,802 Posts
    • 648,598 Thanks
    bubbs
    Pollyanna, you can use plain rice but zing it up, dry fry it with veg and garlic, add a teaspoon turmeric , make a well and stir in beaten egg, egg fried rice freeeee
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • pollyanna24
    • By pollyanna24 8th Sep 19, 6:45 PM
    • 4,194 Posts
    • 6,484 Thanks
    pollyanna24
    Amazing, thanks bubbs! Blimey 10syns for the meatballs one. Won't be buying that one again. But I have about 25syns and it all starts again tomorrow, so can deal with it.

And re the rice, yeah, think I just got a tad excited in the shop today. I don't need to buy fancy rice, normal will do! And like you say, jazz it up. I am always making egg fried rice for DD2, so why not for myself?!

Thanks maman. 3syns for the bulgar wheat I can cope with, the others I might wait till I'm not feeling quite so virtuous about SW, haha. Yeah, the coconut one is also Aldi's own.

I also bought a bottle of choc shot which I have heard people mention. But then forgot to put it in the blooming oat muffins, oops! Am counting the muffins as HEB and 1.5syns for two as I used the whole of the tub of yogurt that my daughter wasn't eating. And I made eight of them.
    (End 2018) - £169,999.96
    • tweets
    • By tweets 8th Sep 19, 6:47 PM
    • 34,031 Posts
    • 446,343 Thanks
    tweets

Originally posted by maman
    I am here maman thanks for asking about me

I am struggling recently so went on red/green days even that's not working done 3 weeks and +1 STS +1 so going back to this plan seeing what happens next Sunday.

I am not cheating can eat the food I am eating and syn naughties .

I am still lurking even if I don't post.
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Pennylane
    • By Pennylane 8th Sep 19, 7:15 PM
    • 2,122 Posts
    • 6,221 Thanks
    Pennylane
    First day doing a SAS log and am shocked that I am on 21.5 syns but have not had my second A choice.

feeling guilty now.

had a bad day though as hubby has recently been diagnosed with stress/depression and he has been really hard work today. . Thatís on top of full time worry about my 95 year old Mum with Alzheimers.

At least I have written everything down so thatís something.
    • maman
    • By maman 8th Sep 19, 7:16 PM
    • 20,903 Posts
    • 123,965 Thanks
    maman
    I am here maman thanks for asking about me

I am struggling recently so went on red/green days even that's not working done 3 weeks and +1 STS +1 so going back to this plan seeing what happens next Sunday.

I am not cheating can eat the food I am eating and syn naughties .

I am still lurking even if I don't post.
    Originally posted by tweets
    This thread is magic! Thanks so much for dropping by. You did so well despite all the hard times you went through earlier in the year and working in a kitchen which can't be easy.
    Be back soon.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Sep 19, 7:20 PM
    • 67,503 Posts
    • 306,188 Thanks
    beanielou
    Thanks for the new thread Beanie.....just to say I.m at target too!!!
    Originally posted by Vegastare
    When did you get to target?
    I will try to pop you on to the list!
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14. MFW. 16 months to mortgage freedom.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 8th Sep 19, 7:57 PM
    • 18,849 Posts
    • 40,461 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Hello all,

My diet has gone out of the window a bit.

Anyway I've been 'sort of' trying red /green days as well with limited success. I lost just under 1lb this week despite snacking on crisps and having (too much) wine every evening.
    Weekly Distance Walked 19km / Total For Year 1290 km

Quod scripsi, scripsi
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,336Posts Today

8,518Users online

Martin's Twitter